Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck only had 30,000 miles when I blocked my EGR. There is about a 1/8 inch of soot built up. Imagine if the truck had more miles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wow thats some pretty nasty build up there

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow, that is alot.

Mine is @ 42,500. I guess I better look into the block plate soon!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you should. Just remember if it is in the intake it is also in the head and on the valves. Everyone should block the EGR the day they get there truck.

·
Registered
445 Posts
After you block it what can you use to clean up whats already in there?

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
That don't look good

Yes you should. Just remember if it is in the intake it is also in the head and on the valves. Everyone should block the EGR the day they get there truck.
Thanks for those pics man!!Had no idea it could get THAT bad:eek::I am gonna get mine done soon after seeing this!!I got 49,960 miles,so it IS time....:):GoodJob

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After you block it what can you use to clean up whats already in there?

These peaces are what the the tube from the intercooler connect tow. I cleaned these in my solvent tank and they came clean.

This peace you would have to pull the entire intake off of the truck to clean. The soot in the head you would have to pull the head off to clean. I am just glad no more is going to build up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I guess I'll be calling 4x4 fantasy tomorrow and ordering a block off plate. Thanks again Psyco66 for the info.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No prob that is what we are here for. Just so everyone know my name is in my sig and feel free to call me by it. We are all one big Family here.

For sure if you need anything get with Mike (4X4 FANTASY) a call for anything you need. I have gotten the best prices for him on everything and he is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Done Deal!!!

Just ordered it through 4x4 Fantasy. Quick and painless!!:drink

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have same issue with the VW TDI's. I wish I still had the pictures of a 1.5" intake manifold choked down to 1/4"!! :eek: EGR is BAD. How do you keep from throwing a CEL when you block off the EGR? With the VW the only way is to get the ECU reprogrammed to not look for the EGR flow.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have EFI live on my truck so I can turn the EGR off. A lot of other tuners can turn the EGR off. If do not want a tuner but sill want to block the EGT a guy makes a finger stick which blocks the EGR code. You just have to wire in the Finger stick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have EFI live on my truck so I can turn the EGR off. A lot of other tuners can turn the EGR off. If do not want a tuner but sill want to block the EGT a guy makes a finger stick which blocks the EGR code. You just have to wire in the Finger stick.
Hmmm... One more reason to get a tuner!! :) Now to find a truck... then decide on the tuner. :D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
4x4 fantacy...could you please PM me a price for an EGR block plate...and if u carry the fingerstick, throw me out a price for that too...thanks..

·
Registered
395 Posts
What kind of oil are u running...just for my own study. Thanks.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
so, if I block off my egr will I have to get a finger stick also? Or do you get one if it throws a code?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had to pull the intake off to tap for the boost and was amazed at the amount of built up soot, incredible. I have no idea why they would put these damn EGR units on our trucks other than for emissions, of course.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.