Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I own a 2014 and 2015 chevy 2500hd both in summit white. I noticed what it looks like to be rust spots all over the trucks…. What do you guys use to get this off ? I think its redic that this happens..

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I own a 2014 and 2015 chevy 2500hd both in summit white. I noticed what it looks like to be rust spots all over the trucks…. What do you guys use to get this off ? I think its redic that this happens..
Well lets hope its not rust, after the dealer prepped (Half ass job) mine I went over the whole thing with a clay bar I'd suggest you do that first and see how it goes before anything else.

My 2014 is summit white also.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My 07 had that and I thought it was rust too. But a clay bar took mine right off. I would try that first.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Those rust spots are rail dust, a good clay bar cleaning will take care of it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Mines an 08 and has the same problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What your seeing is enviornmental debris, and it sticks on like glue. All cars/trucks get it, just more noticeable on lighter colored vehicles. A good wash and clay bar should do the trick. Followed up by your favorite wax or sealant, will make the spots easier to remove the next time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My truck does that too. Elbow grease or annual claybar keeps it in check.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That Autoscrub pad is a good idea, I looked into the product and seems legit. I may have to give it a go.:neener

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Never had a rust issue on the paint since pick up. I did do a clay/polish/wax/seal on it a few weeks after I bought it, but the paint was as smooth as glass off the lot. I ran my hand all over it after my first wash.

Anyone have pictures of this rust issue?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I can probably find a couple spots and post tomorrow. They're really small and scattered. No pattern whatsoever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just to be clear, this is not a rust issue it is contamination on the paint surface issue. As many have stated here a good clay bar treatment will take care of the problem. Been there, done that.

Reactions: Red675

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The Autoscrub pad is the way to go on a white truck, they work really well
The Nanoskin Autoscrub pad is a great alternative to clay bar, as well as using Car Pro IronX or Finish Kare SIRR Steel, Iron Rust Remover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts