Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasnt sure where to post this. anyways, i had a recurring P0571 code, (brake switch/ cruise control). put it in the shop and found out that ONE, yes ONE, burnt out bulb in my third brake light was the entire culprit!!! come to find out these trucks are relatively sensitive to voltage/resistance changes and the drop in resistance because of that bulb tripped my code. just an FYI but i DO have led tail lights which also helped lower the resistance probably exacerbating the issue. anyways IF you have this code check for lowered resistance such as burnt out bulbs,etc. :drink

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man I have been searching for a long time replacing i alot of parts cause when i got that code i also had service trailer brake ........ i replacement relays check wiring replace switches and plugs and still had this issue...... i just came accross your thread and i was like yea right thats to easy but worth a look.........F**** i had two burnt out bulbs in my third back light replace them and a quick test and it is now all working normally!!!! THANKS MAN WOW I am journeyman tech and i do alot of wiring and something i always say to my techs is (start simple stupid) gotta listen to myself apparently lol who knew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts