Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my down pipe. Heard some good and bad about a lot of brands. But could never really find any information about PPE down pipes. I would like to have a stainless steel down pipe and PPE is stainless and are only asking $134 for it.

Few things about the other brands I have come up with.

MBRP- Bad Fitment, have to grind off ceramic coating on turbo side. only $119 however.

Diamond Eye - Everyone seems to love this down pipe and say its the best out there, but its Aluminized not stainless steel? price $160 to $200.

Flo Pro - Also Aluminized, and asking $195 for it.

PPE - Stainless Steel and a good price $134. Not sure on fitment
however?

Pro Fab - Never heard anything bad about them want $120 for there down pipe. Not sure if the downpipe is stainless or Aluminized however.

All Season - I have heard these are nice stainless down pipes. However I can't figure out how to buy them. Not sure on price.

If I can find a stainless down pipe that fits well I will buy it. I just don't want to settle for a Diamond Eye because of it's name. But I also don't want to get the stock down pipe out and go to put the aftermarket one in and it doesn't fit and have to put my stock downpipe back in and send the aftermarket one back (waste of time).

Any help is much appreciated!
Very Respectfully: Burmy

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
I have the PPE it fit great they could have been a little more generous with the heat wrap but a nicely made pipe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the PPE as well. It is a well made and fitting product.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have the magnaflow. I hate it. Fitment was perfect, just horrible quality.

Quickbrick, I bought my truck from some guy in Evansville. ^^^^

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sub'd. The PPE is carb approved for us Kalifornia guys isn't it?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I got my MBRP for less than $100 and and fits with no issues. No experience with the others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Id also like to know whats wrong with the quality of the mf downpipe. I just installed it and magnaflows 5" builder kit on thursday and it all went in great. The stock downpipe was a mother fucker to get out, but the mf downpipe went in easy and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I got a diamond eye because it was heat wrapped and was the cheapest I could get around here.

I did stay away from mbrp because I knew the coating needed to be cleaned off before install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Snug as a bug in a rug, the intent is to keep the noise down in the cab and heat inside the pipe, also left the heat wrap on from the manufacturer......:thumb
=
=

=
=

=
=
=
=
=

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
All Season - I have heard these are nice stainless down pipes. However I can't figure out how to buy them. Not sure on price.
All Season is Dirty Hooker Diesel. They have their downpipe listed as $189.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Was thinking about getting a magnaflo or mbrp.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I have a Magnaflow dp, it's not stainless tho. It fit great and is ceramic coated and heat wrapped, I believe I got it on sale for around $90 shipped.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.