Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2021 3500 standard bed Silverado that I’m super pleased with. However I do have a small problem, at slow speeds there is an occasional popping/knocking/clunking noise when I go over small bumps. I noticed another thread where others have commented about this as well. Its not bad just annoying. I took it to the dealer and they were able to hear it as well. They checked pretty much everything they could think of and have decided it’s probably in the leaf springs. The rubber bumpers and grommets are installed in the springs and not missing. My question is.... the truck tracks better than any truck I have driven, it’s perfect going down the road. If the leaf springs are replaced would this affect the tracking and alignment? I appreciate the dealer ordering a new set of springs and I am appreciative but am I going to create any new problems??
Thanks for commenting!

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
While I don't have an L5P truck, my LMM did the same thing when new. IIRC, the noises went away somewhere between 5 to 10K miles.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2021 Silverado

·
Registered
922 Posts
Theoretically, I guess a new set of springs could affect tracking and cause the need for a realignment but I'm leaning toward not. When I bought my 2012 dually, I noticed the left side sagging so I started measuring and found that the driver's side spring stack was flatter than the passenger side. I thought about ordering 2 new sets but elected to just try the driver's side only first and see how it went. The new stack raised the driver's side up and leveled the truck but didn't affect tracking or make the truck pull any more one way or the other.

Also, I drove a new single wheel truck about a month ago and didn't notice any pops or squeaks from the suspension. And that was on KC streets, not so smooth. I thought the truck rode and drove very well.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts