Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on this trade?

I currently have an 09 LMM CCSB 4x4 Z71 with all the options. LITERALLY EVERYTHING. Nav, front and rear dvd, back up camera bose, leather, etc etc etc. 26k miles on it. I owe around 20k on it. Extras on it include PPE, MBRP 5” Turbo back and 22” Monsters with newer 33” Nittos on them.

Looking to trade for a 07 Classic Sierra CCSB 4x4. No leather. SLE1 package. It is the slate blue/grey which I love. CD, normal power options, roll in bed liner. LBZ obvisouly with 41k miles. So nice low mileage truck.

They wanna give me 10k back and let me swap all mods/performance parts. Reason for considering is to get another toy car like an LS1 camaro or 03/04 cobra type vehicle.. something to have fun in.

Thoughts? I would walk away owing 9,700 on the LBZ with 44k clicks on it. Would you do it?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
i would probably do it if it were me. sounds like a pretty good deal and you get to keep all of your upgrades.

·
Registered
984 Posts
what are your payments now? and how much would it really free up? Your gonna spend money on the LBZ reguardless! so weigh it out in your head and I guess its how much you like one over the other....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My payments now are only $320 a month. However…I don’t need a truck like this one. It will only take my payment to around $240 and maintain about the same amount of equity I have in this truck. I am looking to get another fun car so I am hoping it will be worth it to go from one really nice truck to two nice cars. The itch for a really nice LS1 car or even a higher mileage Z06 is getting to me.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You have to ask yourself, for $80 is it worth it? I would keep what I have. You know what you got.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to ask yourself, for $80 is it worth it? I would keep what I have. You know what you got.
the money per month isnt the issue. its the fact ill have $10k less tied up in this truck. At $240 a month not counting interest, thats 3.5 more years of making payments.

But i do see what you are saying...

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
i would man i love my lbz

·
Registered
897 Posts
the money per month isnt the issue. its the fact ill have $10k less tied up in this truck. At $240 a month not counting interest, thats 3.5 more years of making payments.

But i do see what you are saying...
Got ya, somehow I missed the part about the 10k. In that case, it seems like a good idea to me. I don't know if I could go back to a classic interior. I used to love them. Now they seem ancient to me.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I forgot to add. Even though its a Ford, the 03-04 Cobra might be one of my favorite cars. They are fast, and very fun to drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dunno...if it were me I would miss all the goodies! I went from a basic SLT Dodge/Cummins to a fully loaded LBZ and couldn't be happier!:drink

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
I'd say no...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I say no.

Instead of spending 10k on another fbucket, why not spend 5k on the one you currently own?

I maybe somewhat new to duramax land, but I've played with lsx's for a long time. I'd say the last thing one would want (at least financially speaking) is two ls cars. You are just asking to be broke then.

Or better yet, sell the current fbucket and pick up a c5 z06 or frc?

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
COBRAS ARE BADASS they have independent rear suspension. the best mustang ever made as far a performance, handling, looks IMO.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I say DO IT! the OBS Trucks feel like a much higher quality vehicle. Better built. Both my dads and my lmm have their flaws which were there when they were new. The body on both isn't perfect, the creaking inside the cab, just minuscule things that could be better. My last truck which was an 06lly had more than double the miles that my lmm has and it felt like it was going to last alot longer. JMO. I'd take an ls block car over a cobra ANYDAY. I don't care how fast a cobra is or can be, the fact is that it is a mustang and Everybody has one. Again, JMO.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Id do it.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I would do it... and honestly, to put new leather, a good double din nav unit, back up camera, etc.. in a LBZ is not expensive, and the quality of aftermarket stuff is 100X better than that OEM crap. You could probably fully load that truck for under 3-4K.... which is nothing considering that GM charges you an extra 20K for that stock crap...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love my LBZ ...I would do the trade

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I'd go for it. I like my 08, but I do prefer the classic body style and interior - leather or cloth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts