Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2015 Silverado 2500hd 4x4 with the Duramax of course! Completely stock truck, about to hit 111k miles. I noticed last weekend for a split second a message popped up for "Service Emissions System" I was towing our 5th wheel at the time, in tow/haul mode and with exhaust brake engaged. Then yesterday I started the truck and noticed moments later that the "Malfunction Indicator Lamp" was on. (yellow picture of the engine) I pulled over 1/4 mile later and shut off the truck. I turned it back on a couple minutes later and it came one again right away. I drove to Autozone and have them check for codes and found P24c4. When I started the truck to check the codes the light came on again. Then when I left Autozone the light came on at start, but was off by the time I back out of the parking spot. It stayed off as I drove to the grocery store 5 miles away. It didn't come back on for the return trip either.

I just started the truck up this morning and no light or codes came up.

Read through the owners manual last night and it mentioned these messages could be the result of bad fuel and would right themselves possibly? What are your thoughts and experiences. Am I going to be replacing my EGR valve soon, or do I need to do it now? I'm taking a week long trip with the camper in 3 weeks. It's a 700 mile run each way, would like to know I'm good before then.

Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2015 Silverado 2500hd 4x4 with the Duramax of course! Completely stock truck, about to hit 111k miles. I noticed last weekend for a split second a message popped up for "Service Emissions System" I was towing our 5th wheel at the time, in tow/haul mode and with exhaust brake engaged. Then yesterday I started the truck and noticed moments later that the "Malfunction Indicator Lamp" was on. (yellow picture of the engine) I pulled over 1/4 mile later and shut off the truck. I turned it back on a couple minutes later and it came one again right away. I drove to Autozone and have them check for codes and found P24c4. When I started the truck to check the codes the light came on again. Then when I left Autozone the light came on at start, but was off by the time I back out of the parking spot. It stayed off as I drove to the grocery store 5 miles away. It didn't come back on for the return trip either. I just started the truck up this morning and no light or codes came up. Read through the owners manual last night and it mentioned these messages could be the result of bad fuel and would right themselves possibly? What are your thoughts and experiences. Am I going to be replacing my EGR valve soon, or do I need to do it now? I'm taking a week long trip with the camper in 3 weeks. It's a 700 mile run each way, would like to know I'm good before then. Thanks
I’m having the same problem with mine now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts