Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what to do about the P0299 turbo charger underboost code? my truck keeps throwing this code when it is tuned to the economy tune with the flashpaq 2805! what can i do to fix this?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
bump, my truck just did this today. need to know why, P0299 turbo underboost. flashpaq on mileage xs.
and yes i've searched the code and all but haven't got a good answer

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
You think so??? i just set the thing back to stock, little worried

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thats what I'm assuming if two guys with it on the same tune are seeing it then I'd say so! Is the truck smoking alot? Is your boost gauge reading normal?(Well if you have one)

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i did not notice the truck smoking at all, wondering if the computer was just guessing. i am gonna pull the air filter when i get home to see if it is restricted. hope it's nothing. seems to be a commonly thrown code on these trucks, just wanna know why and what to do to fix it. don't have a boost gauge just yet

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
well I got home and decided to pull the airfilter and the front looked nowhere near the back. it was all grey and nasty compared to the yellow and new looking front side, there was a bunch of like leaves and crap chilling in the bottom too. my question is how do you know when to replace the air filter, and whether that could be the culprit

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
okay cool, that's what I'm thinking. this whole regular maintenance junk is expensive lol... thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts