Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question of the day guys. ....which tie rod sleeves would be more dependable. ....stainless steel or aluminum....I can get a set of stainless steel for $120 or $60 for the aluminum.....the price difference isn't a big issue as long as the dependability is there....any and all opinions are appreciated

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Well i havent personally had any aluminum ones, but i have the stainless ones from merchant and i love em. I opted for the stainless instead of the other steel ones because i was afraid of rust. I dont live up north or nothin, just like to know they aint gonna rust like crazy on me.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...I bought the ATP sleeves today from Rob when I bought my efi live...they were very helpful actually built my confidence up a Lil bit about sleeves. They also introduced me to the cognito pisk kit which I also got today so I'm pretty stoked. Lol...it's gonna be a long long week to have to wait for everything. Thanks for the info though guys. lol...once the smoke clears and my fiance forgets about all the $ I just went through, I'll be able to do some shopping at the dmax store too.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Well...I bought the ATP sleeves today from Rob when I bought my efi live...they were very helpful actually built my confidence up a Lil bit about sleeves. They also introduced me to the cognito pisk kit which I also got today so I'm pretty stoked. Lol...it's gonna be a long long week to have to wait for everything. Thanks for the info though guys. lol...once the smoke clears and my fiance forgets about all the $ I just went through, I'll be able to do some shopping at the dmax store too.
:thumb good call on the pisk. Great people at ATP!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know this isn't a drive train issue but that grill on the white chevy in your dmax store pic....I can't find it in your site....what is it called and how much...I love that grill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.