Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have not been on here in a while but I have a recent problem that keeps pissing me off. About 11 months ago I had cognito hd tierods installed they lasted about 6 months and they were completely worn out so I had them warrantied and replaced and at the same time redid everything in the front end(ball joints, idler, pitman, everything), well now 5 months since then my tie rods are shot again and they keep telling me its cognito so whats the problem why haver I gone through 3 sets of hd tierods in under a year?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've heard realy good things about krytonite products from the D-MAX store. I will be getting all my front end stuff from them within the next couple months.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
How do those cv angles look? They should be flat..Which im almost 100% sure yours aren't based upon your mods..

That being said, do you grease them regularly? Those two things alone will trash the front end.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Forgot to mention this, dirt fromtaling a vehicle off road gets in the joints of everything an will destroy them also if they aren't cleaned and regreased almost every time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Ive heard bad about cognito. Try Kryptoniites I love mine.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
or get stock ones with sleeves. grease them up and maybe crank down you bars a tad so your cv angle isnt so crazy dude

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
....and you have your torsion bars cranked in place of a 4" lift.....

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
with 35's on a leveling kit, your front end geometry is 99% likely to be all kinds of effed up.

It looks cool, but as far as ride quality and function, you are starting to see the downside of it. Wait until you start busting up the ball joints as well.....

small fix to band aid the problem = keep replacing the parts as they break.

fix the actual problem = put an actual lift on your truck and turn the torsion bars down some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts