Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im eagerly awaiting the new Chevy HD's, anybody have the scoop on when they are coming out??

Heres a copy of an e-mail I wrote to my friend that LOVES Fords. He was telling me how great the new Superdutys were.. (FYI I bought a 7.3 Excursion, I can write a book on all my issues)

Jay, You were saying that the new Fords just look so good and on and on, well you know how 2 people can witness a car crash and both will come up with completely opposite 180 degree views on who caused it? Thats me and you. I honestly look at a Ford product and I see low quality from many angles, and its not just because I bought a lemon thats done me wrong. Sure, on the show room floor it might be all shiney and redesigned but at the end of the day of low quality, fit and finish.

I feel like Ford is ran by 2 groups, product engineers who come up with a great design and seriously could have the makings of a superier product and then theres the bean counting accounting group that strips all that away forcing the engineers to compromise the quality that they designed and the end result still might look shiney and redesigned but not a piece of quality. Im sure its a simliar group struggle at both Dodge and Chev but I think maybe the engineers win that tug of war more often in those camps. Then theres a company like Toyota... If they set their sights at going after the pickup market here in the states its going to be very hard for the big 3 to compete.

I thought you all might enjoy... :rockin

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, judging by the pictures of the new HD's in stock form it still strikes me as different but Ive seen some new body 1500's and with some minor add-ons look really good. I like to say "Escalade-ish". Which would be great if they made a 1 ton Escalade.

Heres the 2nd e-mail to my friend... He gave me the ol'difference of opinion thing, I call it ignoring the facts!

" Oh yeah, its justs a difference in opinion or unwillingness to accept facts. I just gringe when anyone mentions how great Fords are. The words great and Ford dont belong in the same sentence. Im sure you gringe when you hear the same from a Chevy person. But when it comes to: hp, tq, mileage, ride comfort, and performance you just have to agree with that Chevy person or not accept the facts. I can accept the strength issue on the front end design of a Ford over a Chevy but look at the many drawbacks to it and it negates the positives and then some. Oh well we cant all be perfect... hehe. "

FYI the price on my Excursion is $24k. Which is right at high book but with the $12k in add ons I think its more than fair. I've fixed all of the notorious problems with Fords ie: Transmission, Turbo etc... It should be a good ride for someone from here on out for somebody who cant afford a Chev.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FYI the price on my Excursion is $24k. Which is right at high book but with the $12k in add ons I think its more than fair. I've fixed all of the notorious problems with Fords ie: Transmission, Turbo etc... It should be a good ride for someone from here on out for somebody who cant afford a Chev.
I guess I missed the boat on those turbo problems...

What all did you replace on the Ex? Miles? DOB? etc...

What are the 12k for addon's...?

And finally where are you located?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Heres a list of items on my X:

2001 Excursion Limited 4x4
Edge Evolution
Varible 18K
Twin Red Top Optimas on one side
820 CFM from AFE w/ custom heatshield
ZooDad mod
MagnaFlow/AeroTurbine exhuast
Gutted the EBPV
Garrett Ball Bearing Turbo
203 Thermostat w/ dual alt hose
ATS Transmission
Triple Disk billet torque converter
V-10 Trans Cooler
Revtek 6" Lift
FabTech Dual Shock Towers
36"x14.5" Parnelli Jones "Dirt Grip" tires
4.10/1 Yukon Gear Sets
Eaton Posi
Firestone Air bags
Those all important Gauges and pod
DVD with Dual Screens in the head rest for the kids!!

Ive got a digital camera and can take as many pics as anybody could want. Im located in Vancouver, WA. 112k miles on the clock.
Thanks, Kendall 360-600-0109 or [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts