Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting more power so I believe its time to beef up the tranny a lil. Ok so I have been doing a little reading and some researching, and I think I want to go with the ppe stg4 or 5 kit, with a ML converter, and also Mikes upgrade to the pump that I have heard about for pressure. Now then where is going to be the best place to get all of this from?, and the next question is, where is the closest Transmission shop that put it all together and give me a good quality job? I am in central TX area and I do not mind driving a little ways to get it done right.

Any advice is appreciated, fill me in guys.

Thanks, Corey

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
U need a builder. A good one. U need someone that builds to either mike l, or george a specs. There is a really good builder in Illinois that builds to georges specs but that's quite a drive for u. Hopefully someone from Texas will chime in. After u find a builder u need to discuss your future plans for your truck and let them decide what best fits your needs.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If you're gonna buy the kit and install it separately look at www.dmaxstore.com to find the stg 4/5 kits cheap and they are good guys there.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yeah I've heard good things from Relentless diesel, I'm actually thinking of dynoing here soon there. Now nobody can build a tranny like Mike or Big Dipper but if you don't want to drive that far or don't have the money there are alternatives to get what you want.

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
Got my stage IV from Meyer Performance... Good guy to deal with. Also, he hooked me up with Nick at Duramax tuner for my EFI Live, since you're building your tranny, you might as well get EFI.

·
Registered
503 Posts
U need a builder. A good one. U need someone that builds to either mike l, or george a specs. There is a really good builder in Illinois that builds to georges specs but that's quite a drive for u. Hopefully someone from Texas will chime in. After u find a builder u need to discuss your future plans for your truck and let them decide what best fits your needs.
Hey Jer. Who in Illinois? Got my V2 now it's only a matter of time...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
263 Posts
since your own transmission builders, i want one close to boaz alabama. its about a 1 from the tessessee line.

Didnt want to start a new thread

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
i would also like to know, dont need one now, just for when it happens

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Trans Shops Sticky lists a Texas builder or call Mike L.. I know recommended a builder in Texas before, I just can't remember who.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think ATP will have some great transmissions for shipping out.
Ok thanks I will get with them an discuss, thanks for the input guys I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
X2 on TEXAS PERFORMANCE DIESEL! Jim jones knows his stuff bout building allisons. He will shoot you straight and will stand behind his work, great experieces with him....hell i worked for him lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts