Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have an 06 regular cab LLY the truck is in good shape has never had a tuner has the stock exhaust everything is stocked besides the cold air intake. It was well taken care of and maintained.

I was looking into getting a tuner as I know this truck is down about 60 horsepower from the factory I was interested in the edge CTS 3 tuner and monitor although I cannot find any YouTube videos or reviews on them just the monitor. I was figuring that way I could get all the gauges and the tunes it was about 600 bucks. I don't think I would need to really shift on the fly that quick with a knob.

What's the advantages of having a knob dspa 5 switch and the separate monitor? Is it that the tunes on the insight suck?

I don't plan on taking the exhaust off or anything I don't plan on racing anyone either if I can get some better mpgs and suck my dog back into the seat that's what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will give them a call and see what they have maybe they have a good tune for a completely stock truck something that's not going to blow up but give me a little bit more punch

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have problems with these trucks when they are tuned and still have the EGR valve and stock exhaust

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Duramaxtuner is very good if you want emission compliant tunes. Perked up my LBZ nicely.
Duramaxtuner is very good if you want emission compliant tunes. Perked up my LBZ nicely.
I have read that the allison doesn't like to hold much more power than stock. This might not be as true with the 6 speeds but it seems I have read that even a transmission safe tune would cause a failure after some time. So I don't know how comfortable I would be. But it does make me feel better knowing your driving around with a tuner on.

That was what I was going to go with for a tuner. Did you see any mpg increases around town? I feel like my truck being an 06 lly it really is nowhere near what it should be for power

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually I take that back it has plenty of power, I don't ever get on it unless I'm getting on the highway and I let her rip. She runs like a raped date. I actually drive it like an old man. I stopped doing bad things to my vehicles years ago so I don't know why I said that.

As far as a boost leak I forgot all about one that might be near the front of the truck drivers side front wheel well. Thanks for mentioning that, it's been a long winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts