Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Time to spend money.

4K views 47 replies 11 participants last post by  WisconsinHick1 
#1 ·
Well I've decided to spend some money on the old girl and upgrade a few things before pulling season.

A new spinny thing is for sure and I am thinking of manifolds and up pipes.

:neener:neener:neener:neener

I know your jealous.

#7 ·
#3 ·
i no im jealous :(

:finger

#6 ·
Im Jealous!!!! I wish I had some money to spend on mine, but im just gettin by

This post has been deleted
#25 ·
the HTT 66 cost alot alot more because its wastegated. you can get a S464 for 700 last time i looked. jsut teh HTT turbo cast housing is 1595 i think.

#26 ·
Basically if he installs this himself he will have about 1700 into it once he gets his pedestal, spacer, turbo, and lines. Right freddy?

#27 ·
you could actually do it for alittle less then that probably. the pedestal and downpipes are the 2 biggest things.

#31 ·
well the bd is a S364 so it will be alittle better street then the S464 but really with some PnP of the turbine and compressor housing as well as tuning it will be ok. biggest thing is turbine AR size

#36 ·
its the radial size of the turbine housing. scott will have to tell you what the options are. the smaller the faster spooling but more restrictive. i also agree with the tuning part

This post has been deleted
#34 ·
I pretty much want 600hp not much more. My future wife will be driving it and I know I could have a different tune in it when she drives it I just like the spool up of the stocker.

#35 ·
I have heard nothing but praises of precision turbos!!! Lots of the top sled pullers are using them!

#39 ·
Oh really I did not know that Scott thanks for the heads up. :drink

I think it will be a great DD/pulling turbo and with manifolds and up pipes she will spool nice and fast for sure.

#43 ·
Dang I forgot it uses a different pedestal I thought it was stock. :mad:

I don't know if Im going with Ricks since I can get the ATS from my sponsor for cheaper.

#45 ·
hey id port out the pedestal to before you put it in. the BD one has really shape turns in it and with a little time you can get it to flow better

#46 ·
Yeah but now I worried the ATS up pipes wont work on the BD pedestal. :banghead

If I got that direction I should say nothings ordered yet.

Yeah once I get everything I will be able to look at it all and see what I want to port thats for sure I know that some of the cast stuff needs some clean up thats for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.