Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Tinted Windshield

84K views 166 replies 33 participants last post by  LeeMarkus11 
#1 ·
Looking to either tint my entire windshield in 50% or 35%, was tearing apart a jeep today at work (im an autobody tech) and notice the windshield was tinted, so I took it around the block and damn it was nice, looked like it was 35% on the windshield, I plan on doing a legal brow on top but cant decide what I want to do, pics and recommendations are appreciated

#3 ·
On the entire windshield

#5 ·
#7 ·
I have 35% on my windshield and 5% on my doors and the rest of the truck 20 with 5 on top of that and i love it man its one of the best mods ive done... def easy on the dash and eyes.. no glare what so ever.. night time isnt that bad either really no different to me

#8 ·
Anyway we can get some inside an outside the cab pics??

#9 ·
#15 ·
What were the sides and back tinted?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#12 ·
How was it pulling that big ole ghost trailer?

#14 ·
Why worry about a legal brow if your going to illegally tint the windshield?

#16 ·
I like the idea of this, but are any of yall having problems with the cops??? Thats all I need is a big obvious reason to be pulled over and hassled.

#17 ·
Same reason for me, and to drive at night, how dark is it inside with 35% on the windshield with a 5% brow, and then 5% all the way around the truck, thats my main concern with it being to dark to drive at night and being unsafe

#19 ·
No joke how much are the tickets?

#20 ·
All depends on the cop, ive got warnings, fix it tickets, an $50 tint tickets. Never have gotten a windshield ticket

#21 ·
Yeah depends on where you get it at. My highest one was a city cop and it was 150 bucks but most are just fix it tickets. They never use to notice the windshield at all but they are getting smarter with it now around my area

#22 ·
buddy of mine does my trucks. never had problems with this or my last one.

Attachments

#23 ·
find a way to get a doctors approval for tinting the front windshield. If every ****** on welfare can get a handicap sticker I'm sure we can find a way lol. My grandma has a special doctors request because of her rheumatoid arthritis to have her front window done.

#26 ·
Great idea! I'm making a Dr appointment monday ill let you guys know how it goes

#25 ·
I've always wanted my front tinted and have had 5% on all my previous trucks.....I live in Tennessee and have never had any hassles on my tint even when I'm pulled over and someone told me that the tint tester or whatever didn't work on the front windshield because they have to roll your windows down to even check the sides because it has to be on each side of the glass.

#28 ·
Haha no joke he's been eyeing me down the last few times I've seen him.

#29 ·
How dark is it at night driving tho?

#30 ·
We need inside cab pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.