Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
:rofl:rofl:rofl
that wouldn't work up here in Ontario
they'd arrest you for having a weapon and your windshield would be the least of your problems and thier worries lol
That sucks..I can carry a gun just like a cop can here in Wyoming lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thats kind of what I figured but never got to personally ask anyone from those states where you have a right to carry a gun,

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thats kind of what I figured but never got to personally ask anyone from those states where you have a right to carry a gun,
Every state has concealed carry now! Well Illinois is finally going to by july 9 th. Only some of them have constitutional carry though too. (External carry pretty much)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Every state has concealed carry now! Well Illinois is finally going to by july 9 th. Only some of them have constitutional carry though too. (External carry pretty much)
I stand corrected

I should go get a price on getting my winshield tinted or see if someone will actually do it (just to get back on topic)
I've never even seen anyone with a fully tinted windshield around here. I've seen a top and bottom brow or "cat eye" but never a full winshield

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I stand corrected

I should go get a price on getting my winshield tinted or see if someone will actually do it (just to get back on topic)
I've never even seen anyone with a fully tinted windshield around here. I've seen a top and bottom brow or "cat eye" but never a full winshield
Mine was $180 for whole shield 15%

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine was $180 for whole shield 15%
was that just for the winshield!!!?
I had a crew cab tinted completley 20% all the way around and a 5% brow
for $150! (no full tint on the windshield)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Damn $180 to tint the windshield, I paid $100 to get my truck tinted, 5 windows, 20% up front and 5% in the rears, my full windshield tint with a brow was only $40, Id say for a full windshield would be anywhere from $50-100

·
Registered
380 Posts
maybe Zeke had to pay a premium to get 15% :poke[1]:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
02Duramax, do you have any inside pictures before the tint?
I see the one you posted but can't tell if it's tinted or not?
Post #81
That pic I posted inside the cab was with the entire windshield tinted, I totally spaced to take one inside and I appologize for not taking one, 50% on the entire windshield looks almost like no tint on the inside but completly takes all the glare and heat away, you will love 50% on the windshield, its dark but not dark enough to get pulled over for, I just passed safety and emissions and they didnt notice the windshield was tinted, they just said your brow was a little low

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
And my guy would put any % I want for $40, but like all tinters say, if you get pulled over, i dont know you, you dont know me, and you did the tint yourself, he told me if you do any darker than 45% on your windshield your taking a chance to get pulled over and having a hard time to pass safety when it comes time to register your vehicle

·
Registered
380 Posts
That pic I posted inside the cab was with the entire windshield tinted, I totally spaced to take one inside and I appologize for not taking one, 50% on the entire windshield looks almost like no tint on the inside but completly takes all the glare and heat away, you will love 50% on the windshield, its dark but not dark enough to get pulled over for, I just passed safety and emissions and they didnt notice the windshield was tinted, they just said your brow was a little low
thanks for the great info and true first hand experience before and after!
now I just need to fix my fuel issue so I can drive my truck to the tint shop! lol

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
If your worried about your vision with a tinted windshield your in the same boat I was I wanted dark but not too dark that I wont be able to see at night, my tint guy advised me that 50% with a brow will be plenty dark and your vision at night will just be the same as bare glass, damn was he right, my vision is just the same at night like no tint was even there, but completely takes the glare from headlights away at night and the sun during the day that I dont even wear sunglasses anymore, he even told me if you want darker ill rip it off and put darker on for you but 50% will be more than enough an put a smile on your face for how much better it is and you wont have to squint you eyes when its bright outside no more

·
Registered
380 Posts
If your worried about your vision with a tinted windshield your in the same boat I was I wanted dark but not too dark that I wont be able to see at night, my tint guy advised me that 50% with a brow will be plenty dark and your vision at night will just be the same as bare glass, damn was he right, my vision is just the same at night like no tint was even there, but completely takes the glare from headlights away at night and the sun during the day that I dont even wear sunglasses anymore, he even told me if you want darker ill rip it off and put darker on for you but 50% will be more than enough an put a smile on your face for how much better it is and you wont have to squint you eyes when its bright outside no more
you should be a spokesman!:thumb

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I get that alot lol. You have any tint done now?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my lmm that had already been tinted with 30% on the windshield... I have very bright HID's and its still a little bit of a challenge to see well in the dark. I would guess 50% would be good. Just my .02. (My first post!)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have 35% on windshield, 20% on front doors, 5% or the factory 15% in the rear and stock 15% on the back glass for ease of backing up. LOVE IT!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Thats gotta be dark as hell driving at night

·
Registered
495 Posts
My eyes suck in the dark from all the welding i do and sometimes on back country roads ill be taking a hard right and not know where im going because the lights havent hit it yet.

HID's help and the "all on" mod helps even more.

I cant stand driving in a vehicle with no tints now. lol Ive never been pulled over once for tints either. And when i did get pulled over (95 in a 55 and blowing a stop sign) they didnt say shit about the tints.

141 - 160 of 167 Posts