Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4" strait pipe and planned on leaving that way, but the more i think about it the more i want a tip to complete it?
should i leave it at 4 or put a tip on it? :help

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
appearance- yes.
sleeper/cop not thinking you're a hotrodder appeal- no

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Do it!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
MBRP 4" turbo back with a 4"-6" double wall MBRP tip. Even my Wife loves the sound!!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Eh, I've never felt the need on my rig due to the gravel roads I'm on all the time and it would just get beat up. However I'm going to a dumped setup soon so I guess we'll see.. Doubtful though, seems like kind of a waste of money to me. Just my 0.02

Definitely NOT sent from my iPhone while jumping on a trampoline wearing a banana hammock..

·
Registered
662 Posts
i received a 5" chrome slash cut with rolled edge for free. I would have never bought one as much as they cost, but since i put it on i really like the look of it

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it almost turned into a side exit after the cab because we couldnt line the tail pipe up, then it woulda had a tip fosho :gearjamin

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,866 Posts
If you travel a lot of country/gravel roads-no... It'll be be beat to hell in no time. Trust me, mine looked like new when I got the truck, and no matter what I did to keep it clean and nice, within a couple months it looked like chit

Sent from my iPhone while probably driving the wrong way, not paying attention and steering with my knee

·
Registered
843 Posts
do it!

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
If you travel a lot of country/gravel roads-no... It'll be be beat to hell in no time. Trust me, mine looked like new when I got the truck, and no matter what I did to keep it clean and nice, within a couple months it looked like chit

Sent from my iPhone while probably driving the wrong way, not paying attention and steering with my knee
Which is why I have a dump setup. It helps a lot.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,866 Posts
Which is why I have a dump setup. It helps a lot.
Or a stack works too

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Im thinking about a tip or to dump it after the axle now that its lifted. But if I dump it I cant smoke out fruit loop lil ricers in their drivers window haha

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Im thinking about a tip or to dump it after the axle now that its lifted. But if I dump it I cant smoke out fruit loop lil ricers in their drivers window haha
i personally don't agree with that.. but to each there own.

i'm kinda thinking about a dump cause on little tow lane roads i hate smoking people out. accidentally blew by an old man doing 30 in a 45 on a two lane and his windows were rolled down.

is dump louder than side exit???

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Or a stack works too

Yup, mine was fun.

Nah, just make sure you're in front of em at the light.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Black tips blend in... half the time people don't even notice it but you know its there lol
Until the coating gets chipped so bad it looks like a fkn spotted cow, lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts