Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 2500hd z71 with the off road package. I have 35/12.50/r20 on it right now and it scrubs a tiny bit. I am looking to get the black fuel mavericks and changing up the tire. I am wanting to go a little smaller to stop scrubbing but not to small because I dont want it to look weird in those huge wheel wells. I have gone to some tire shops around me and they say I need to go a ton smaller but if I have a proper offset I thought I might be able to fit some tires that will still look decent size and have a nice aggressive look.
Money isnt to much of a issue but I dont want to break the bank.

·
Registered
678 Posts
pics of where it rubs?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im at school now studying for a final I will get pics. It rubs on the frame I do believe by memory. It only does it at full lock though. It doesnt do it much but I dont want it to rub at all.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Im at school now studying for a final I will get pics. It rubs on the frame I do believe by memory. It only does it at full lock though. It doesnt do it much but I dont want it to rub at all.
FINALS KIlLL! have you tried the norcal fender mod ? Their is alot of spacer that you can clear up

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it doesnt rub on the fender walls. It seems to only rub the frame which I dont think there is any cutting for that lol. I plan on getting new wheels and tires any way after christmas so I was thinking that i might be able to fix the problem that way.

·
Registered
678 Posts
post pictures when you can

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant get it to let me post the pics. It is rubbing on the frame almost to the back of the wheel well towards the cab. It doesnt have any rubbing on the fender themselves and it doent seem to be rubbing near the front or atleast it doesnt do it often enough for me to see anything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok ive read all over the place and think I am going with black fuel mavericks 20x9 and 275/65R20. For the tires I am just kinda going with the best for what I can afford. One question is the offset. Im not sure exactly what to get for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts