Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to replace a wheel and the dealer says i cant just buy a new valve stem and use it in the new wheel with my old monitor,he says i have to buy a valve stem and monitor together thats the way they come,is this right?

·
Registered
297 Posts
sounds fishy, have you tried a second opinion? i guess it could be true, ive seen stranger things.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya its true it kinda sucks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did you buy the valve stems

·
Registered
895 Posts
The valve stem and monitor are all one piece I just got 4 form the dealer for my new wheels, $50 each AC Delco's. From rmcable's post that valve stem must have the screw in the bottom to attach to the sensor some how does it? That would be the only way to swap the stem that I can think of.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
The valve stem and monitor are all one piece I just got 4 form the dealer for my new wheels, $50 each AC Delco's. From rmcable's post that valve stem must have the screw in the bottom to attach to the sensor some how does it? That would be the only way to swap the stem that I can think of.
I believe it does.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I didn't watch them actually change them but, my DIC is reading pressure so, I really don't care as long as that freakin light aint on. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes mine has a torx head screw that holds the monitor to the valve stem,do you have a part number on the stems you bought?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just picked up a valve stem and new screw from a different dealer,all i got to do is screw my old monitor on the new stem,gm part number is 15263240

1 - 12 of 12 Posts