Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got General Grabber AT2 tires for my truck...and when I go around turns...it seems like the truck sways and floats...and I'm positive it's the tire pressure...but I went from stock 245's to 265/75-16s...and I have NO idea what tire pressure to put in them. Most places say 28 to 36 PSI...but they don't have 2500 HD trucks. Any suggestions on what to put in the front and back? If it helps...I don't really hual anything....just a camper twice a year for an hour.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You do have load range D or E tires at least right? (light truck tires) If so, I would still run about 55 in the front and at least 45 in the rear unloaded. What is the max pressure on the sidewall?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are load range E...same as the stock tires. And they say 80 PSI max on side if that helps. They are the 10 ply and have reinforced sidewalls and stuff. They are the BFG rip offs...almost same pattern and everything.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the pressure...the garage put 65 in the front and had 85 in the back...that would explain the slingshot action I got going around curves. I put 55 front and 50 back....that was when it was hot so it will probably drop about 4 PSI. That should be good right? Oh...and by the way...I got a 4' MBRP cat back system today...can't wait to put it on!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, that tire pressure should be good. That is what I am running in my 285s.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah...my uncle has a garage...and he has one of those things you pull your vehicle over..and you can walk underneath it. He said he will help me. I could pay a garage to do it...but I like to learn! And this is off topic..and sorry if this is bad to do...but I noticed in OB_1Jr's sig....that he has a remote starter....I want to get one of those...but how do they work in the winter...don't you have to warm the plugs first??

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The remote start works great! You just have the wait to start light hooked up for the delay (some places just let it wait for 15-30 seconds) and it cranks right after the light goes out. I bought mine specifically for the winter so I wouldn't have to go outside at -40F to start my truck. Any competent shop that sells remote starts can hook you up. It should be a little cheaper down in the lower 48 to get one installed. I paid $550 here after all my discounts, but it would have costed $700 if the place wouldn't have gave me a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts