Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its getting to be time for new tires on the truck, I got the truck with Nitto Terra Grapplers on it and I'm looking for something to put on it.

I tow a 7000lbs trailer pretty much on a daily basis in the spring summer and fall and then in the winter months I deice plans at the Minneapolis airport (45 miles away) and need something with a good bite in the snow and ice since I get called in anytime a snow storm hits.

So what I'm looking for is something that's durable with good bite in the snow/ice. I understand that there is no ultimate tire for both but whats a goods compromise?

I love the way the Nittos look and would like to stick with something that has a similar look as well. Not saying im against the Nitto's either.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I personally like BFGs. My buddy swears by toyo all terrains. (Can't remember the name of them)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I just ordered a set of Goodyear Wrangler Dura Tracs they are suppose to be a great winter tire and get good mileage out of them too

·
Registered
42 Posts
We use Cooper ST Maxx's on our work trucks for Pipeline. They are 285/75/16's and seem to do well in mud. Haven't had them in snow or ice yet. Seem to do well with our heavy darkroom in the bed.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
BFG all terrains best tire I have every had for snow and dry conditions 2wd truck 13 cinder blocks= no tire spin in winter

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would go either Terra Grapplers again or with Cooper Zeon LTZ's but they are only available in certain sizes. They have a similar tread to Terra Grapplers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts