Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in AZ have a stock LMM. I've been reading and hearing different things from many different people so I figured I come on here and ask the guys that really know my truck.

As I said I have an LMM stock everything what I'm looking for is what tires would be recommended for my truck as I am needing tires. I do live in Phoenix so I need something that will withstand the summer heat as I do drive this every day. I do some off roading (mainly dirt roads) when i go hunting but nothing extreme.

What brand holds up well when you put a few hundred or K in the bed of the truck or I have my 5er hooked up. I've heard some complain that they have had to over inflate their tires so they don't have the tire sway. Costco, discount tire, and Big O all are telling me different things and I'm being told they normally don't offer any warranty's with tires on the 2500 and larger anyone else hear about that?

HELP someone tell me a good pair of tires please. 95% is street and 5% is off road hunting or when there is snow going and playing in the snow in the mountains.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
There are tires that are appropriate for your truck (10-ply/245/75/16)that offer treadwear warranty. The Goodyear Wrangler Armortrac has a 50K mile warranty, the Goodyear All Terrain Adventure is 60K, BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A has 50K, and the Michelin LTX M/S tops with 70K warranty. Even the super cheap GT Radial Savero tires have a 40K warranty.

All of these tires are good choices that will handle pavement and dirt roads and available from Discount Tire. There are other good tires out there that can last just as long but do not have a treadwear warranty, so don't let that scare you. I run Firestone tires without issues. Just get the road hazard certificates for your tires and those will be more beneficial than a treadwear warranty anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Michelin in my sig that I got at discount tire with a warranty. They have been great so far towing my 5er all highway though. I can't help with offroad durability.

·
No Longer a Supporting Vendor
1,305 Posts
Good recommendations by JC and lowgear. We offer the same manufacturers warranty on any of the tires. It does not matter if it is on a 1500 or a 3500.

Plus you can purchase certificates for free replacement on any of them.

I am in Phoenix as well. I ran Michelin LTX M/S tires on a couple of dually for many years. I now have a SRA 3500 and run Nitto EXO Grappler AWT tires. I pull a trailer that is 11,000 to 12,000 pounds with zero issues. They are very quiet and super smooth.

We would recommend you get an installed price from one of our local stores for what ever tire you decide on. The stores like us guarantee the lowest price.

·
Premium Member
15,239 Posts
nitto terra grappler.......never had any trouble and have seen them go 70k milkes on my dads lml ccsb z71 towing the gooseneck and im in Alabama and our summers are pretty bad as well...... more humid than yours anyways ha

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Michelin LTX M/S have very good treadwear and can definitely handle the towing. I'm currently running BFG All-Terrain K/Os and I have no problems towing with them either but I don't pull a 5er. I would recommend checking out the new KO2 version of the BFG All-Terrains. I know thats what I will be buying when mine wear out!

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
Discount for sure - always buy the certs for each tire.
I've had BFG KM's, KM2's, Michelin LTX M/S 2's and my current Coopers.
All were 285/75/16 - from Discount.
About 38k from each set - pretty weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.