Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group. I just traded in my 04 duramax on a 21. I used a Diablo sport tuner on my old ride to change tire size when I switched between my chrome summer wheels and my factory aluminum winter wheels. I am looking to buy a new scan tool to do the same on my new truck. Any suggestions?
Thanks

· Registered
370 Posts
Can't be done without spending several thousand dollars. Vehicle speed calibrations are contained in ECM and would require custom tuning. Cybersecurity and EPA have for the most part shutdown most tuning.

#iworkforGM

· Registered
178 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello group. I just traded in my 04 duramax on a 21. I used a Diablo sport tuner on my old ride to change tire size when I switched between my chrome summer wheels and my factory aluminum winter wheels. I am looking to buy a new scan tool to do the same on my new truck. Any suggestions?
Thanks

This thing lets you change tire size.

Used it to bleed my abs too. Pretty good for $50.
have you used it on a newer truck or on the 05 you have listed in your profile? Thanks for the info.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
178 Posts
Reactions: Ohio farmer

· Registered
526 Posts
An edge cts and maybe a banks idash can show you a recalibrated speed, but only on their screens, not on the trucks speedometer.

They can also read ecm codes and reset them. One of the best aftermarket things you can get for yourself.
Edge does not offer a 2021 model yet. I contacted them and they don’t have an ETA yet. Who knows, 2020 model may work on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.