Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
It mostly depends on the back spacing of the wheel, but i run 16x8's with 4" of back spacing and 265s hit the front inner fender well and lower tip of the bumper!!! THe more the backspace the bigger you can fit with 5" of backspacing you can probally fit 305's but im not sure. Lots of guys run 305s on H2 wheels.

Later
CAleb

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
right now I am running 285/75-16 on Eagle alloy 187s. they have 4.5" backspacing. I did have to trim/tie back a few areas, but I rarely get a rub. I can't run front mudflaps at the moment, but I have been too lazy to look for some that are flat. Check out my photos in my signature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've used 265s on the stock wheels on both a 2004 and 2006 GMC.
But then I put a 4 inch suspension lift and 285s on stock wheels on my 06.
It was pricey but I like it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Eagle Alloys 195 with 4.5" backspacing, 265/75 16 E, ORU leveling kit, absolutely no rubbing or clearance issues, should even fit chains without issues. As the other gentlemen stated, back spacing is key, anything less than 4.5 on a 16x8 will limit you. Plus I like the rating and almost zero affect on the speedometer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I run 285 Cooper Discoverer st on stock rims but wish they were wider than 6.5 wide. I will run General or Dick Cepek Fun Country next ! I like the look of stock rims just wish they were wider

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a question. i want to put at least 265 's on stock rims. i want the 285's would i lose mpg with a little bigger tires... right now i am running the same stock tires it came with. 245

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
I lost about 1 mpg going to 285s. Not too bad considering.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thats not too bad.. i think the stock tires look a little small for this size truck. the dodge runs 265 and i think the ford also runs 265

·
Registered
96 Posts
we have a truck on the lot we did up for a show here. runs dick cepek fun country fc-II's 33x12.5r17's on aftermarket wheels. can't remember what the wheels are. but the don't stick out much and do not rub. the suspension did not need to be adjusted either. i looked up cepek's website and they give the actual tire measurements at 33" tall, 9.8" section width and 12.4" sidewall width. all tire manufacturers websites will give you actual tire specs. looking them up is the best way to know if they will actually fit. i got burned once in high school and learned very quickly a 33 isn't a 33 to everyone. btw, this truck sits perfect!!!

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
that is correct...I did not lift my truck...just the torsion bars by a couple of turns. Didn't rub after I put the new rims on after I got everything tied back...unless I was going off a big bump and turining.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Right off the lot I put on a set of BFG AT KO 305/70 R16.

The passenger front will rub the sway bar at full left lock. The tires will occasionally rub the bottom of the plastic valance on the bottom of the bumper with the wheel turned slightly going over a bump. That can be easily fixed with a little trimming of the plastic valence.

Overall the look is kick ass. Since I have never driven it with the stock tires, I can't say how much of an effect it has had on the fuel mileage.

I have thought of doing something with the torsion bars or getting the leveling kit, but I like the way it looks with the stock "nose down" setup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts