Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im looking at levelling my 3500 and putting 20"x10 fuel rims on my truck. just hoping to get some advice on largest tire size i could go. im hoping to go 275/65/r20. anybody ran these tires and been all good with rubbing issues?

appreciate any advice i can get!

Thanks,

James.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry forgot about that, its a 2019. I just joined here 5 minutes ago and this is my first time buying a new truck and am trying to learn on the fly! Fuel's is an aftermarket off road rim company. i also said advice, not sarcasm.. but thanks anyways.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I have 295/55/20 on 20x10 -12 offset

·
Registered
862 Posts
The offset of your wheel will determine the tire size. You dont say what the offset is, but I ran 22x10 -25 offset leveled with a 33x12.50 and i had to do some trimming.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,123 Posts
Hey guys,

Im looking at levelling my 3500 and putting 20"x10 fuel rims on my truck. just hoping to get some advice on largest tire size i could go. im hoping to go 275/65/r20. anybody ran these tires and been all good with rubbing issues?

appreciate any advice i can get!

Thanks,

James.
Congrats on the new truck!

There are several things to consider when doing wheels and tires as i'm sure you have found in your research. The wheel width and offset will determine where the new wheel will sit. Then finding the right tire size for your level kit. There are guys running 295/65R20 (35") and only needed to make slight modifications to make it work. I would venture to say the 275/65R20 should fit without rubbing due to it only being slightly taller than stock as well you are leveling the truck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
With torsion bars maxed out and a sawzall job you'll be able to fit 305/55r20's (see my pic) 20x9 +18 offset.
I did have an issue with tires rotated and going up a hill to like a parking lot or driveway or greatly uneven ground with wheels turned it would rub on the frame.
I now have a 3" lift and it all clears no prob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts