Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many lbs. the stock Bridgestone V-steel 245/75/16 load range E are rated at? Looking around on the net, It seems the size of the tire has a lot to do with the pounds they can take. For example, I was looking at some BFG A/T KO 285/75/16 load range D (3305 lbs. per tire). I would like to know how this compares to the stock E rated tires.:confused:

thanks Jason

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
LT245-75R16 LR E(10ply) is rated at 3042 pounds at 80psi....the bigger the tire usually allows it to handle more weight,due to the fact that the tire is bigger it helps distribute the weight....hope this helps
LR E(10ply)max air is 80psi
LR D(8ply)max air is 65psi
LR C(6ply)max air is 50psi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TYREBOYZ, My father inlaw has a big hangup about it. " You must have an E rated tire for a diesel." I would like a good ride when I am unloaded, But enough tire when I have my trailer on. (9000lbs)

thanks Jason

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it is better to have a LR E tire for a diesel but if you don't plan on towing more then 7k to 8k pounds a LR D will do the trick and save you some money and gives a better ride...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts