Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what tires to put on my 2009 Duramax CC. I looked at the old treads and there's at lot of info, so I thought I
post a new one to get some fresh info. My old tires are worn and more a highway tread, I would like to install
something a little better for snow/mud/wet grass. Old tires are 245/75/16, I don't know if going up a size will make
much difference in looks? Old one's look way small, so any info on what would give me more traction, tire wear etc.
I also pull a 32' TT or a horse trailer.
Thanks for all info.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Wondering what tires to put on my 2009 Duramax CC. I looked at the old treads and there's at lot of info, so I thought I
post a new one to get some fresh info. My old tires are worn and more a highway tread, I would like to install
something a little better for snow/mud/wet grass. Old tires are 245/75/16, I don't know if going up a size will make
much difference in looks? Old one's look way small, so any info on what would give me more traction, tire wear etc.
I also pull a 32' TT or a horse trailer.
Thanks for all info.
Duratracs or Cooper ST Max. I love both and its usually which one has a better price when I buy...

I have a flat bed and a 30'TT as well..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put a set of Bridgestone Duravis R500 on about 10,000 miles ago. They drive well when towing and did fine in the snow last winter. Going up to a 265 will give you a little more weight carrying capacity which could help wear but I don't think you will see a difference with traction.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Recently switched from BFG KO2 to Nitto Ridge Grapplers, much better in pretty much every regard. Feel more stable, look better, a little cheaper, can't get worse mileage out them (didn't even get 35k out of the KO2s), definitely clear mud from the treads better, and to top it off they are actually quieter at highway speed, which really surprised me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts