Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4WD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I own a 2020 Duramax with only 20,000 miles on it. I have had a problem finding the right tire for ride and durability. I live near Camp Lejeune, NC (retired Marine) and when I bought this truck brand new there were issues with the OEM Goodyear all terrain tires, it took me 7500 miles to finally get the dealership to road force balance the tires, they found out 3 of them were bad. I had them replace all 4 with Michelin Defender LTX, I mainly drive on paved roads, after 10,000 miles on those 3 of them went bad, last Friday 11 Mar they replaced all 4 Defenders. After a trip to Myrtle beach on Saturday these Defenders road like rocks. Seriously, they feel like I am driving on a gravel road but I am not I am Hwy 17 headed to work.
My truck is all stock, have done nothing to it nor do I want to. But I do want a good tire that rides smooth and lasts at least 50,000 miles.
Are there any recommendations out there???

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4WD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot one piece of information tire size: 275/65/20

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 srw cclb.
11 Posts
I forgot one piece of information tire size: 275/65/20
Hello
I don’t have any suggestions on why you’re eating tires or why they are riding so hard. (Air pressure or 4 wheel alignment)?
I recently put Michelin Agilis tires on my 2020 Sierra 3500 SRW. I’ve previously run LTX M/S2 for at least 50,000+ miles and replaced with a lot of tread left.
I really like the new Michelins. Seem to wear well, ride great, very little road noise and have not had to use 4x4 in up to 4 inches of snow. Also the Agilis is mud/snow rated (emblem on tire).
good luck
Curious, which tire didn’t go bad?

·
Registered
13 Posts
How many miles on the agilis’s?

Hello
I don’t have any suggestions on why you’re eating tires or why they are riding so hard. (Air pressure or 4 wheel alignment)?
I recently put Michelin Agilis tires on my 2020 Sierra 3500 SRW. I’ve previously run LTX M/S2 for at least 50,000+ miles and replaced with a lot of tread left.
I really like the new Michelins. Seem to wear well, ride great, very little road noise and have not had to use 4x4 in up to 4 inches of snow. Also the Agilis is mud/snow rated (emblem on tire).
good luck
Curious, which tire didn’t go bad?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Strange experience you are having with the Defenders. I’ve been running Michelin LTX M/S and Defenders on my personal truck and company trucks for over 20 years. I always get minimum 50-60k out of them and they ride great on highway.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hello everyone,
I own a 2020 Duramax with only 20,000 miles on it. I have had a problem finding the right tire for ride and durability. I live near Camp Lejeune, NC (retired Marine) and when I bought this truck brand new there were issues with the OEM Goodyear all terrain tires, it took me 7500 miles to finally get the dealership to road force balance the tires, they found out 3 of them were bad. I had them replace all 4 with Michelin Defender LTX, I mainly drive on paved roads, after 10,000 miles on those 3 of them went bad, last Friday 11 Mar they replaced all 4 Defenders. After a trip to Myrtle beach on Saturday these Defenders road like rocks. Seriously, they feel like I am driving on a gravel road but I am not I am Hwy 17 headed to work.
My truck is all stock, have done nothing to it nor do I want to. But I do want a good tire that rides smooth and lasts at least 50,000 miles.
Are there any recommendations out there???
What are the tire pressures at?

·
Registered
414 Posts
What are the tire pressures at?
Excellent question. If I run my '17 2500HD on tire pressures on the door plate and unloaded not only is the ride super harsh but it will wear the center of the tires out in short order. I run mine about 8-10 below door sticker unloaded and keep a compressor in case I am hauling heavy and need to air up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler a/t Revo 3 is a good tire. Ran them on my f150 and they were very quiet vs bfg ko2’s.

I’m reading a lot of good things about the cooper discoverer at3 lt.

I had a mdx suv that ate tires in 10,000 miles ( michelin’s, pirellis, dunlop etc). Tried a different version of the discoverer and they outlasted all the other tires by 8,000 miles. Were quiet, good in the wet and dry.

Will likely swap out the Goodyear’s on my 2021 Duramax 2500 and do the coopers. Will go to 18” wheel and a 295 width.

I dont like doing suspension mods or tires that require trimming fender area. Been there, done that, didn’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts