Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, if you cant tell by my sig I am still in the buying process and I dont have a duramax yet. Well the truck I am looking at has 20's on it and I have never priced tires for that size rim ( my 1983 scottsdale has 15's ya know?)
What the hell? 300 bucks for a friggin tire??!!??!! Is there any good all-terrain tire for a 20 inch rim that is a little closer to 150? I run Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on my Scottsdale and I love them, But I'm about to spend 17000 on a truck, the wife will kill me !

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yea I know what you mean I had 20's w/ 35 M/T's on my last truck. They were like 1300 for tires and were gone in like 20K haha. Ahh how I loved wasting shit.

What 20's are they. You can easily get rid of them in a minute to trade for some 17 or 18's. I had 20's last rims on my dmax and just didn't look as good. i am pumped for 18's. What tire size you need. Is it leveled or what. Also what year dmax you lookin at

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure what kind they are. They have 8 double spokes (16 singles I guess) fake beadlock, chrome. It is stock now but if I get it I will lift 3 inches in front and 1 in rear via a kit I found online. What size would that allow me to fit? the truck is an 03 excab lb 4x4

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Not at all. And if tis a 3" kit I wouldn't trust it much. Is it just keys and blocks for the rear? I wouldnt put anything bigger than 33's under it. Start breakin things. Take a pic of the wheels and throw them up on here man. If there nice you'll be amazed how fast they go. For a real cheap change and affordable, get Hummer H2's and put some good tires on them. You'll like it

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Don't forget to add a full size spare in there dude. :D

putting a 30" tall tire on as a spare, when you run 35's is not an option you want to try.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well if all goes well with the bank I should be drivin her home sometime next week. I might just have to do some horse tradin on here!

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got my Terra Grapplers for a little less than 200 a piece. That was the cheapest and only after an extensive search.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
2g's all day, and I still cant stop from spining them
amen to that. :rockin
Man makes me remember how I dont want to go bigger than 33's.. Although they look SICK

Underlord.. i hate you for makin my truck look sick. I wish I had that front bug gaurd I have a lot of bad chips on my hood and bumpers.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yea i had 35x12.50r20s nitto mudd grapplers 480 each
and same size in bfg at is 550+
And im wrapped in mich now which were 320 each

·
Registered
552 Posts
And they still get spun off frequently

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Underlord.. i hate you for makin my truck look sick. I wish I had that front bug gaurd I have a lot of bad chips on my hood and bumpers.
i bought a clear one, and had them paint the backside of it, no rock chips ever! :drink the AVS bug shield was like 70 bucks, paint was another 50.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i bought a clear one, and had them paint the backside of it, no rock chips ever! :drink the AVS bug shield was like 70 bucks, paint was another 50.
Solid Idea. I had the rain gaurds on the truck (Putco's). They were the good upgraded clip in ones. THey sucked. The drive side fell out and the passanger was right behind it. they sat to plush with the truck and didn't give you any room when you dropped the window some. I liked the stick on ones (which fromt he picture I thnk you have on the doors) cause they gave you room and they didn't make the window tighter when it was up. I might see if I can find a gaurd. I don't think I would do red though I would leave it black. At this point though its all chipped bad anyway. Im about to run it head to toe in reflex liner and be done with it

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Ya, mine are the stick on ones, no problem so far. I put 'em on for fashion, no real function for me. :D

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I here ya. I dont smoke or nothing but they are nice. So far I just yanked all my push in ones off. They looked a bit gawdie on there. And were falling out so not to useful. Not like I need my windows open when it rains. Should probably sell those on here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts