Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I just went and bought a set of 20's for my Silverado 2500HD, only thing now is the tires. What is the max tire size I can run, without having any clearance issues? I will not have a lift on the truck. I just want to make the truck look aggressive instead of the donut tires they put on the factory wheel.

Thanks in advance!!!:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys I just went and bought a set of 20's for my Silverado 2500HD, only thing now is the tires. What is the max tire size I can run, without having any clearance issues? I will not have a lift on the truck. I just want to make the truck look aggressive instead of the donut tires they put on the factory wheel.

Thanks in advance!!!:)
Put some gold spinners on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, just wondering what you think. I talked to a tire shop today and they said a 305-50-20 would fit on the 2500. I looked on the chart and it is a 31.89 tall tire. I do not know if it would rub when turning. What you guys think?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i am running 305's on my 2007 classic and they only rub when i am going backward and turning hard to the left. the only thing is that they are mounted on the stock wheels. they should fit with out any problems. i have some friends that run 315's on stock wheels and the rub a little bit more but with a little trimming not at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, I have been looking and seeing what your input may be. I have a 20 inch Eagle Alloy 114 and I was thinking about mounting 305/50/ 20 and it is 31.89 tall and the other tire size is 275/60 20 and it is 32.9 tall. Curious what you guys would think would be the best size. Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
305/50/20 would look better (to me) my opinion because they would be a wider tire. I'd check with toyo open country mtr's they look good thats what im gettin next, but hey its your truck so if you like em then i say get em. Have a good one

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
offset is really important in determining a correct tire size. the further out the offset is from the factory, you will get the turn when you rub. what kind of wheels are they and what offset are they? i have 325/50/20's and with a angle cut on the valence that the naked eye would never notice, very minimal rub. i have the leveling kit on too, but you can crank your torsion bars for a little extra clearance.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
just put a set of wheels and tires on 06 lbz 2500HD the wheels are 20 by 9.5 and the tire size is 305-50R20 and they are the perfect size for the stock suspension on my truck

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
bars are cranked up so the truck sits level,it wouldn't hurt to put one size smaller tires on,then you wouldn't have to crank the bars up so far.that is 5th set of wheels and tires on that truck since it was new,we put them on,and when people come to the shop they see them and want wheels just like,so we sell them,and then we put another set on and do it again,sometimes it helps to have a tire shop.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
check out the toyo mt http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?lpid=18136&name=Open Country M/T™&category=off-road or the nitto mud grabbler http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.mudgrappler both very impressive mudd tires in the all terrains the nitto at http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.terragrappler and the toyo at http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?lpid=18971&name=Open Country A/T™&category=lgt it depends what size you go with for instance a 33-12.50R20 toyo mt is $320 plus shipping

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
hey,next year you'll pay more.tires will always go up on $$$$$$$$ps price them out somewhere else i think you'll find my price pretty good

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
sure not a problem,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts