Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy yall, im gonna be buying a set of tires for my wifes truck. I have a set of H2 wheels and i want to put 285/70 17's on them. I would like to get a AT tire but maybe something more on the road freindly side as she drives 150 miles a day on th highway.

Dose anyone have any oppinions on brand and style of tires?

Thanx,
Caleb

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would go with toyo open country a/t they are noce on the highway na d quiet

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
YEah i think I'm gonna slap some Toyo's on as well same size. I've got BFG's now. great tires but they're kinda pricey. I just priced some at Sears last night, exact tire i'm running now. The guy said over $1200!!!! WTF!!!! I said thanks for your time. Can get same thing at Tire barn for just over $900. And these are only D range. I can get the Toyo AT's for $771 and E range. So I'm gonna order some toyo's Come fall.

Ryan

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had 285/70R17 BFG A/T's on my truck before I lifted it and loved them. Also when you said your wife would be driving on them a lot those new Nitto Dura Grapplers came to mind, and I think they make them in that size but I am not totally sure. You may also look at the Nitto dune Grapplers I heard from people that have them that they have very good highway and wet weather manners.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i haven't found a whole lot of tires better and priced good then the Firestone Destination A/T(roughly$170)and the Mastercraft Courser A/T(roughly$160)..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have just over 21K on my 285 BFG ATs on H2s and love them. Quiet, good wet/snow traction and good looking. Based on wear at this point I am thinking I will get close to 45-50K out of them.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THanx for all the help guys, much appreciated !

Tyreboyz, I went with cooper discoverer atr's they are dang near the same as the mastercraft at's and i got them for only 4 more $ a tire so i went with the coopers instead of the mastercrafts!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
THanx for all the help guys, much appreciated !

Tyreboyz, I went with cooper discoverer atr's they are dang near the same as the mastercraft at's and i got them for only 4 more $ a tire so i went with the coopers instead of the mastercrafts!
yep Coopers are a great tire and they are priced right..

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts