Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to this forum and am looking for some help. I am buying new tires for my 05 2500HD 4X4. I bought this truck with Coopers on it and do not like them at all (hence the reason I'm replacing them). Currently they are 285/75 R16's and I am thinking of going to 265/75's. the reason is that the 285's have destroyed the paint on the lower part of the truck. Anyways I am stuck between the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's (frontrunner), the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour and the Michelin LTX M/S. If anyone has any experience or opinions on any of these please let me know.

Thanks

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Welcome to the site!

From what I have heard, you will probably want to go with the Michelins or Goodyears...most people that use them like them from what I have read on other forums. As far as the 285s causing the paint to be beat up....I don't think it really matters what size you use...it would have happened if the vehicle was drove on dirt roads at all. My truck's lower paint was beat up with the stock 245s even with mudflaps on it. You will probably be happier with 265s anyway...you will get a little better mileage, yet you don't have pizza cutters on.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I would be leaning towards Pirelli because no one has them :cool:
I do!!!!!, I wont be buying another set either, i have always bought coopers,ht's in the summer and st's in the winter and i love them, the perelli's have about 6k on them and are 1/2 worn out and traction is decent with them on the road but my stocker 245's hooked up better at the drag strip than the perelli 265's do!

JMO though, i love my coopers!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts