Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anybody done this? any fitment issues with the titan tank after the fifth wheel hitch was installed?
i'm looking at the B&W turnover ball gooseneck and the companion 5th wheel hitch right now. also looking, but haven't yet found, any info on a good removable 5th wheel hitch so suggestions there are appreciated as well.
i do use the box quite often for a variety of things, garbage runs, material hauling (new and scrap), sleds, etc.
truck is a standard box 2009 LMM

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dont most of these hitches mount/sit pretty flush to the frame and the bottom of the bed? Dont know how much they would be in the way of a Titan.

·
Registered
503 Posts
B&W is the best you can get IMO. If I had it to do all over again I would have spent the $ for the B&W. I will get to one day after I trash my Reese.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
61 Posts
I really like the B & W. I have it out most of the time. Very easy to get in and out but you will have to retorque one bolt and four nuts everytime you reinstall it as well as loosen them to get it out. its not just pulling the pin to get it in and out but I would still buy it all over again. i installed it myself and i wouldn't think it would affect the titan tank at all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you trying to run a Gooseneck ball with a 5th wheel adapter to tow a 5th wheel trailer? If so I would not recomend it. the box that mounts the king pin on the 5th wheel trailer is not designed to deal with the extreme twisting that the adaptor will place on it. I have heard of several people that reported damage to the box from running these adaptors because they did not want the 5th wheel hitch taking up their bed or having to remove it when not towing.

Re'

·
Read Only
106 Posts
I believe you are talking about a 50 gallon fuel tank and wether it still fits in the area where the hitch may also occupy if you have a turn over hitch. I know my B&W has a mounting plate that is flush against the underside of the bed but the spring loaded pin and rod go directly to the drivers fender well. Aslo, the ball when turned south does drop down about 2-3 inches. SO I don't have an answer but it sounded like the topic you asked about was shifting.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you trying to run a Gooseneck ball with a 5th wheel adapter to tow a 5th wheel trailer? If so I would not recomend it. the box that mounts the king pin on the 5th wheel trailer is not designed to deal with the extreme twisting that the adaptor will place on it. I have heard of several people that reported damage to the box from running these adaptors because they did not want the 5th wheel hitch taking up their bed or having to remove it when not towing.

Re'
B&W makes an adapter that works pretty good

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Re'
the b&w adapter from gooseneck ball to 5th wheel hitch is mounted to the truck not the trailer. I have heard of issues of the trailer mounted gooseneck adapters as well.

I actually found a smoking deal on a 20' 5th wheel with a removable slider 5th wheel hitch for 1850 that i'll use for now. top has been resealed, inside has been refloored, new ceiling, new seats and bedding. Only issue is a leak in the propane for the fridge.

I'm still looking to buy the gooseneck down the road though as i can see myself using one on the acreage and/or at my shop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not 100% sure, might have to call Titan or B&W, but before you do that, check with Nor-Cal Nick. He installed a 62 gal Titan, and although he doesn't have a B&W, it looks like the Titan is just longer towards the cab and deeper and doesn't move the tank much past the back of the factory location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts