Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

to cut or not to cut

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  CAGLE DURAMAX 
#1 ·
cant decide if i should cut and dump my exhaust or not any imput?

See less See more
#3 ·
gonna go with no on that one batman

#4 ·
I would leave it as well.. You can't add more pipe so easily after you decide you hate it lol

unless you possess a welder, in which case I'd say to just go for it, cause worst case scenario you'll be out like an hour.

#6 ·
tdf you got any pics? is it any louder? being that it echos off the ground

#9 ·
No louder, very low key and no pics right now.

I bought the MBRP turndown kit, but I love it. No issues with soot under truck either.

#7 ·
I would make it look nice under there first. Sand down the pipe and paint it black and clean up the axle and leaves and paint them as well. You would be amazed at the difference it will make.

#10 ·
the leaves are new the whole thing needs re undercoated if i paint the exhaust the paint wont come off from the heat?

jon thats why i have been thinking about it i took that spare tire holder off and am ordering a rear diff cover trying to make it look better being that you can see everything now

#12 ·
tdf thats another thing i like low key cops see that big exhaust sticking out doesnt help my truck is already a magnet being up high

#15 ·
That was my justification, less attention. Everybody calls my truck a sleeper too since no exhaust sticking out.

#13 ·
Only do it if you put a different rear end cover on!!!

#14 ·
i want on of those all black afe ones but idk if they sell them anymore was going to ask mr manners see if he had one and pick up some torque drive while i was at it

#17 ·
had to get my eye glasses on to see those pics lol but thanks man did you cut like right at the bend or where about?

#19 ·
id say dump it then get the black high temp paint out and go to town..

#20 ·
Sweet job D-maxpowered!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.