Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive been put in a spot that I can lift my truck and help a buddy out at the same time. But I'm on the fence about lifting ole girl. Mods are in the sig and I like to go fast so i dunno :help

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
how much lift?

seems like you want to make your truck go and isn't for show.... if it were me, i'd say if it was a 4" lift, then go for it.... that shouldn't slow you down too much

6+, i'd say no

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
with your setup, i would lift in a heartbeat, but that's just me. You'll have plenty of balls with your twins even rolling 35's. Plus, it will make the rig look like it should have come from the factory imo.

but you will be a slower. Just kind of depends on what you want.. like do you go mudding or off road ever? if not, then no, it will be absolutely pointless. nothing worse than a lifted rig that never sees mud/dirt/rocks etc...If yes, then hell yeah its a great double whammy.

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
If you like to go fast DONT do it!! I took lift tires off of mine so i could go fast and i will never lift another truck. There are alot of fast lifted trucks but they are not safe at all if your gooing to race dont lift it or it will be nothing but more broken parts.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be a six inch lift with 35 and yes I use the truck that's one of the reasons I'm thinking so hard about it. I think it will slow me down about a second in t he quarter. I really want to put it I and see how I like and take it off if I hate it lol

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
its more then a notion to take it off depending on the type of lift. Most you have to cut the mount on the front of the diff and all of them you have to cut the mount on the frame. Its not a huge deal they make a bolt on bracket for the diff and you can always weld the mount back to the frame but its not just a unbolt and bolt job to take it off.

If you drag your truck boosted launches with a lift and 35's it going to take its toll on the front of your truck. First hand experiance been there done it.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
It would be a six inch lift with 35 and yes I use the truck that's one of the reasons I'm thinking so hard about it. I think it will slow me down about a second in t he quarter. I really want to put it I and see how I like and take it off if I hate it lol
Using a lifted truck is definitely a challenge sometimes. I'm finding that out more and more.....

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Yea you went from a leveled to a lifted truck. How do like it?
I love it so far. It just makes loading/unloading shit a pain sometimes. Other stuff like parking and little things you don't think about every day.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I had a lifted 1500 and I missed it but I never thought about lifting the dmax but now I'm muther fuc$ing perplexed

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am in the same position as you man. Either I lift it and make it look good or else I leave it alone and make it fast. I lose sleep over this on a regular basis lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought mine with the 6in fabtech and 35s on it, immediately took the 4pm blocks out of the rear and cranked the torsions down, rides almost identical to a stock truck! But then again, I just cruise my dmax, blue bomber (avatar) is for going fast! haha

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
think about mileage too.... I thought putting 305's and 20's on slowed mine down. I can't imagine 6" and 35's. Yea it would look awesome as hell, but I tow my boat a lot and no tune in the world will help get "good" MPG with 35's and lift. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
think about mileage too.... I thought putting 305's and 20's on slowed mine down. I can't imagine 6" and 35's. Yea it would look awesome as hell, but I tow my boat a lot and no tune in the world will help get "good" MPG with 35's and lift. Just my .02
Mpgs have crossed my mind also and pulling my fifth wheel will I still be able to do that with a 6inch lift

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mpgs have crossed my mind also and pulling my fifth wheel will I still be able to do that with a 6inch lift
Yea you can still pull a 6" with 35's puts you = height too a Cummins stock 4x4

I wouldnt get mud terrains though if your gonna pull a 5th.....they wont last long

1 - 20 of 39 Posts