Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a duramax and was wondering what kind of programmer my buddy has a ppe but his tranny was gone in no time i would like to keep my stock tranny for as long as i can was wondering what one else thought. and what kind of cold air to put on it. Thanks

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
two ways save some money and get the best, efi live, and use stock tranny safe tunes , or buy a ppe standard and stay on lower tunes ,also fill out your sig so we know what you got welcome home brother

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would go with the quadzilla stealth II or ppe standard programmer. S&B is a great choice for an intake i love mine and i think you will notice everybody else that has one love theirs too.:rockin

·
Registered
687 Posts
Not sure what year etc. your truck is. However, it seems as a rule the Allison is good for up to 90hp over stock. Keep your tuner below that setting. If you have an 06 or later with the 6 speed, then a transgo jr is an easy and inexpensive install that will allow another 20 or so hp. Good luck

·
Registered
506 Posts
many different tuners intake guys usually say to keep stock intake due to being good up to 500hp so i wouldnt really worry i run a quad its been good so far but soon to be jumping up to the efi its all in ur preference quad is good like i said ppe is good edge cts i had good tuner also. but i would just get efi for the money u waste on canned tuners u could have endless possibilities i wish thats what i would of did. hope that helps and use the search bar and look at all the tuners everyone runs its a good helper good luck man keep us updated

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i have a 2003, i have kind of also been looking at that edge evolution i like how they have all you gauges you would need right on the screen. what do you guys think of that one?

·
Registered
506 Posts
edge is a good programmer may i ask what ur trucks man use is do u haul or just a dd

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Ok i have a 2003, i have kind of also been looking at that edge evolution i like how they have all you gauges you would need right on the screen. what do you guys think of that one?
The Edge tuners are nice for the guages and their tunes are good as well. Just stay away from juice with attitude... Contact some of the vendors on here they can hook you right up. Welcome to the forum!! Also, was your buddy with PPE just running it hard on high tunes or what? Just time for a tranny upgrade?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah he was running it in high all the time i think thats the only level he runs in it. I and towing and a dd pretty much

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have the Edge Evo on my 06 and love it. I run it on the 65 hp setting (3) driving and the 45 hp setting (2-tow) while towing. Tried the 100 hp setting and got chicken and set it back on 65 because of the tranny. As soon as it goes out of warr. its getting the transgo jr.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Welcome local guy! I am from the St. Croix Falls area and am over that way a lot for truck pulls. PPE would work great and the stock air box is good up too 500hp give or take you just have to put a few holes in the bottom side to help more air get through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts