Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm posting for a buddy of mine.

he has a 07.5 LMM and got bad fuel on saturday.

took it to the stealership and they replaced the fuel filter and still no start.

after taking a fuel sample they declared that because of the bad fuel they are not going to cover anything under warranty and the total bill to replace 8 injectors clean the tank, lines, replace the cp3 and fuel tank module would be a little over 8k.... OUCH!!!!

has anyone tried going after the fuel station (cheveron) to get them to pay for costs?

any input is greatly appreciated... thanks!

·
Registered
434 Posts
You'll need to got though the insurance and you need to go get a sample of the bad fuel befor they clean it. That happened to a couple guys I know and they got screwed. Best thing is to go though the insurance and let the insurance company get there money back from the fuel station. Good luck

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought of that. insurance said they were unable to do anything for him...

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
find the fuel receipt and go to them with the bill, get a lawyer involved and something should happen, A local station had a leaky tank fill up with ground water and they ended up paying for a lot of dropped fuel tanks and fuel pumps, lucky for them it was the gas tank and not the diesel

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would get an attorney he could sue for more than the cost of the repairs to cover the attorney and his time and grief.

·
Registered
422 Posts
happened to my brother with his liberty diesel the week after he bought it. he had his reciept to the gas station that he got the diesel from. The gas station paid for all repair costs, no attorney needed.

what he did was had his reciept and the dealership had the miles from when he bought it it all added up that that was his first time filling because he had only driven 220 miles since he bought it, the gas station fought it at first my brother said fine ill bring an attourny back with me, manager told him to wait here he called corprate they said fax over the repair statements and he got a fat check back covering all expenses and gave him $50 bucks in fuel.

got to get in touch with managers and force the corprate guys to get involved, also need a reciept good luck.

by the way thats why I always hold onto my reciepts now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I buy ALL my fuel at UDF in the Cincinnati area. They back up the fuel with the following:

Contact our Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-833-9911 or [email protected].
1:Take your vehicle to ASE A8 certified repair shop.
2:If the problem is determined to be caused by our gasoline, have qualified technician completely fill out and sign TECHNICIAN REPORT FORM.
3:Have appropriate service performed and forward completed TECHNICIAN REPORT FORM with CUSTOMER CLAIM FORM and detailed repair invoice to:

UDF Consumer Relations
3955 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45212

·
Registered
121 Posts
My uncle had this happen on Ford 6.0. He had to replace the injectors, dropped tank, etc. He had a glass jar that had about 2 inches of fuel in it, the rest was water. He confronted the station about it, they pretty much told him you SOL. I would have pushed it with a lawyer if it was me. Especially where other people in the town were having trouble to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts