Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need 4wd so my dad offered to trade me trucks + maybe some money.
his truck is a 2005 GMC all interior options. its stock of coarse. it has 150,000 miles. my truck is an 03 with 35,000 miles. What do yall think? anything i need to watch out for with the lly if i do trade?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the new smell is gone brian......but it woulda costed alot to sniff it when i got it with 4,800 miles.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
4wd wouldnt be worth all the extra miles too me

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it wouldnt to me either if i didnt live at the coast

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
35k miles on your truck? damn!

How much to sniff your passenger seat?
you can sniff mine :D

45K, non smoker but still smells like the old ladies snatch from the break in process

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd say if you like the looks of the truck, and can get a fair deal, go for it man. I haven't had any problems with my LLY so far (168,000ish miles) The only thing everyone says to do to the LLY is replace the factory mouth piece, which I have yet to do.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i'll be getting 5'' tb, gauges, the LMM MP, and efi shortly after i get it i hope.

·
Registered
213 Posts
how much money?.. That would be the deciding factor

·
Registered
248 Posts
i'd say find out how much, because if you have more than enough to upgrade the truck a decent amount, then i think it would be worth it, it'd be like 4wd, or a performance truck.... i'd take performance...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't think i would trade just keep what you have. It's pry payed off or almost so just save your money and then maybe you can get something new or newer or maybe even just buy a older 4x4. The miles are just way to different.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would do it. I personally will not own a truck unless it is 4WD. Too often do I need it in a pinch and am very glad I have it. If you know how long your dad has had it and treated it then I would say you are getting a truck you know the whole history of and not much to worry about. Get the 4x4 and be glad that you did. Yours might have less miles, but I would buy a higher mileage 4x4 any day over a low mileage 2wd for the same price..just my opinion.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would keep the truck....drop it and take your dads truck when you need 4wd.

Everyone wins........well at least you do...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts