Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
dmax modding addict
1,730 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but can you change the tunes on a DSP 5 switch with a V2?
100% yes if you already tune with that V2 as have it VIN lock to the truck you can re-tune as many times as you. kinda whole reason V2 so good. autocal can also does the same but you must have the original tuner do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
do i buy a v2 if im not very confident on tuning and probaly never will
have a 09 lmm 101,000 just doing mods now that warrenty is shot
basically everything is stock

also if i am installing efi on lmm with egr block and new exhaust do i need new intake?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Let me update on my problems with out having my own V2, I have paid 500 bucks for tuning on my truck and a dsp5 switch, I need my tuning changed to run a bigger turbo and supposed to have life time changes on my tunes. Well my tuner has falling off the face of world and can't get a hold of him. So know I have to pay someone else to tune it. I now will be into tunes more then what it would have cost me to buy a v2. So now I am buying my own v2.

·
Registered
372 Posts
let me update on my problems with out having my own v2, i have paid 500 bucks for tuning on my truck and a dsp5 switch, i need my tuning changed to run a bigger turbo and supposed to have life time changes on my tunes. Well my tuner has falling off the face of world and can't get a hold of him. So know i have to pay someone else to tune it. I now will be into tunes more then what it would have cost me to buy a v2. So now i am buying my own v2.
x2 ^^^!!

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Let me update on my problems with out having my own V2, I have paid 500 bucks for tuning on my truck and a dsp5 switch, I need my tuning changed to run a bigger turbo and supposed to have life time changes on my tunes. Well my tuner has falling off the face of world and can't get a hold of him. So know I have to pay someone else to tune it. I now will be into tunes more then what it would have cost me to buy a v2. So now I am buying my own v2.

X3

Having your own V2 takes all the drama/flaming hoops out of making ECM changes.

·
Bobo
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
do i buy a v2 if im not very confident on tuning and probaly never will
have a 09 lmm 101,000 just doing mods now that warrenty is shot
basically everything is stock

also if i am installing efi on lmm with egr block and new exhaust do i need new intake?
No, your factory intake will work good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you guys
Appreciate it
Looks like ill be buying a v2 now and some tunes

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can you access systems such as Airbag or ABS with V2, or is it only ECM and TCM?

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
exactly right except one V2 can only use up to 220 VINs. 1 vin per truck 220 trucks. idk who ever tune that many trucks unless you were tuner of some sort and very good at it.
Good point. I was being a bit facetious when I said 1,000 but incorrect info is still incorrect info. To fulfill all 220 VIN licenses it would cost you a cool $220,000.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just to clarify, I'm getting efilive V2 for my 08 LMM, and if I want to tune my wife's 2012 suburban all I need to do is buy a new license? If that's right, how much are the license?

Randy

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Just to clarify, I'm getting efilive V2 for my 08 LMM, and if I want to tune my wife's 2012 suburban all I need to do is buy a new license? If that's right, how much are the license?

Randy

A new V2 comes with 2 ECM and 2 TCM licenses so all you'd need are the tunes for your wifes Suburban and your Dmax.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
362 Posts
I just want to say thanks for this post, I had ordered a autocal on friday but after reading this post I was able to change my order to a V2 before it shipped. I have the 03 with a 6.0 gas so it makes sence to be able to tune it as well:gearjamin

03 2500 HD 4X4 CCSB 6.0L LS

09 2500 HD 4X4 CCSB DA LTZ
35% tint on front windows
35 Watt HID Lows and Fogs
WeatherTech Digitialfit Floor Liners
DuraFlaps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome write up, will be getting v2 in the next few days!!

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Can a V2 with zero licenses left be cleared and start over?

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Can a V2 with zero licenses left be cleared and start over?

A V2 with no licenses is fine, just buy another license (or as many as you need) from EFI and you're good to go.......V2 price should reflect the lack of licenses though.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I squirreled $650.00 for my used V2 (creative money laundering), had 1 ECM "license" and two TCM "license" left. Now I have to buy another license for my backup ECM which includes one ECM and TCM "license". Most used V2's for sale have only 1 ECM license used.

That part most confused with a license purchased from EFI is it includes the ability to tune 1 ECM and 1 TCM...:rolleyes: My tuner is a private individual and the tune is not locked and can have it changed anytime I want, I did dial in the speedometer and now reads dead on (+1% or -1% OK 2%) with the fuel mileage on the DIC when I hand calculate the mileage.

I do not have the experience to change other parameters but my tuner will if I ask. Just be carful of tunes/tuners that lock your ECM, locking the tune I can live with just not the ECM. To date I'm still reluctant to change/tune my transmission, works great the way it is with just the ECM tune around 90hp and have it run a long life...:thumb

This is what might happen if I change any other parameters..

Just compare it to having sex with your cousin.......it can get the job done.....but the longterm effects can really F%$ something up

41 - 60 of 79 Posts