Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting a stack soon but I also wanted to keep my bed covered, just seeing if anyone had opinions how to do this or if anyone has done this please post pics. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
254 Posts
Subd

·
Registered
291 Posts
long bed or short bed.?? if its a long box truck i would get a short bed tonneau cover and then build a solid spacer between the end of the cover and the cab end of the box and cut holes for the stack/s. if you have a short bed.....well i guess get a custom made cover and do the same...or might be able to get one for a half ton 5.5ft bed. widths are still the same. i dont have pics cuse i dont run a stack.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
What about having a boat cover place customize the cover with a re-enforced hole with maybe a piece of stainless in it for heat...
Just a thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a stack and I'm going to add a cover. Machining out stainless rings to sandwich the material between using most likely 1/4-20 stainless button head screws.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a short bed I saw some pics some people cut holes a half inch bigger that the stack then sewed back the edges or they cut them a half inch bigger then sandwiched the cover between two steel rings

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts