Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my tranny built cold air intake exhaust now i need a programmer. I was thinking about edge juice cts but im not sure. I have been told since i have a ppe stage 4 tranny i would be fine to go with the ppe hot 2 excelerator. Any inputs? Maybe efi live and cost? I wana be able to tow highway drive and we do a cruise once a month and wana be able to perform good we race a little on the highway and blow a little smoke in the city. Best of both worlds maybe?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the pricing on efi? I am working with around a $1000.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spade tuner? I have been looking at the air dog 2 165 i think it is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would like to have shift on the fly.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
As nice as Spade sounds it is just generic canned EFI Live basically...nothing against it but you can get way more if you get a lift pump and just talk to Rob at ATP and get some built trans tunes or Talk to Justin at BDP .....either way you can't go wrong with getting EFI Live & a V2 setup

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
you'll need the Edge CTS or CS to do this, which is cool bc its a good set of gauges
and you can ck your balance rates on your injectors

get the EFI Live and be happy.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
As nice as Spade sounds it is just generic canned EFI Live basically...nothing against it but you can get way more if you get a lift pump and just talk to Rob at ATP and get some built trans tunes or Talk to Justin at BDP .....either way you can't go wrong with getting EFI Live & a V2 setup
Pretty sure unless you have custom tunes for injectors, turbos, or transmissions they are all really about the same. I bet rob sends me the exact same tunes as Jethro down the road. Personally I think if its not live tuned or data logged then tuned its not custom tuned at all.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Pretty sure unless you have custom tunes for injectors, turbos, or transmissions they are all really about the same. I bet rob sends me the exact same tunes as Jethro down the road. Personally I think if its not live tuned or data logged then tuned its not custom tuned at all.
I'm sure on straight up stock trucks it is just script ran tunes...but I still like the ability to yank the tunes and put different ones on there or make your own changes....spade doesn't look like it allows that

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Predator stacked with a duramaximizer.......timing and fuel baby

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm sure on straight up stock trucks it is just script ran tunes...but I still like the ability to yank the tunes and put different ones on there or make your own changes....spade doesn't look like it allows that
It does. Read the description on meyers website. I agree its not a v2 but really how many people go beyond stock.

In addition to simplifying the programming process, the SPADE series has the ability to run diagnostics and log data for analysis. In a custom tune refinement situation this logged data can be sent to a DuramaxTuner.com or Cummins-tuner.com rep to facilitate changes or aid with troubleshooting. Updated tuning files can be sent remotely in the same manner as logged data, making the SPADE tunes field upgradeable.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I must have not understood the spade deal as it says they are pre-loaded with tunes meaning no need to email and download tunes....I kinda thought you had to send back the spade for updated tuning

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I must have not understood the spade deal as it says they are pre-loaded with tunes meaning no need to email and download tunes....I kinda thought you had to send back the spade for updated tuning
I am sure you would have to send it back if you did not have a computer. Think there sales pitch is saying if your house does not have a computer then you can still load tunes. I am still learning it to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds like a HASSLE. I HAVE NARROWED IT TO ATS E POWER OR PPE HOT 2. WHAT LEVELS COULD I RUN ON WITH STOCK EVERYTHING EXCEPT TRANNY COLD AIR AND EXHAUST??????

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sounds like a HASSLE. I HAVE NARROWED IT TO ATS E POWER OR PPE HOT 2. WHAT LEVELS COULD I RUN ON WITH STOCK EVERYTHING EXCEPT TRANNY COLD AIR AND EXHAUST??????

You will regret it. But anyways anything over the 100hp mark is danger on your trans. Look at everyones sig on forum. 90 percent say efi for a reason.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts