Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the repercussions of overfilling a '05 6.6 with 12 instead of 10 qts of delo 400?

:booboo

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
you will have more blow by into the PCV and high crank case pressures. could potentially blow seals

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
It Could Put Alot Of Oil Through Your Intercooler

·
Registered
186 Posts
you can cause air to get into your oil system from the crank splashing in the oil

·
Registered
574 Posts
what are the repercussions of overfilling a '05 6.6 with 12 instead of 10 qts of delo 400?

:booboo
Drain the extra 2 qts. If you don't have any issues now, chances are you didn't do any damage, biggest issue would probably be a blown seal.
Mine had 26 qts in it due to the injector recall issue and I have had nothing arise from that. Quite a few Dmaxes have run with full crankcases due to the injector issue and a bad seal is the only issue I've heard of related to that. Others have listed potentials that could happen.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Do you really want to risk finding out?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i drained it out to correct level...freakin sears and their technicians...i was in indiana working and did not want to get into snow and change oil...so they "hooked" me up for 20 bucks! i asked where the third jug with the two extra quarts were he said" i used that to prime the filter, they take alot of oil" fluckin retard! i bought the filter and always change my own oil....geeezz.....can't trust "pros".....

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts