Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went to our local track here last night (Lebanon Valley Dragway East Nassua, NY) and ran the truck. it was our first test and tune and it was packed so i only got 3 runs in. i ran with no taligate, dropped t bars, sleeves, no transgo jr, removed the headlight, lowered tire pressure to 30F/25R (stock PYO's w/ 245's), spring clamps on front overload and ran with the mods in my sig. quad was set at 110

i tried gettin my spare tire down but couldnt get it to release and next time i might take the rear bumper off!

1st run: 8psi boosted 4hi launch

60' 2.008
330' 5.881
660' 9.077
mph 77.76
1000' 11.797
1320' 14.109
mph 96.96

2nd run: 10psi boosted 4hi launch

60' 1.956
330' 5.825
660' 9.014
mph 77.66
1000' 11.738
1320' 14.023
mph 98.99

3rd run: 12psi boosted 4hi launch

60' 1.936
330' 5.781
660' 8.921
mph 78.51
1000' 11.622
1320' 13.889
mph 99.82 :drink

this was my first night doing boosted launches it felt awesome! pulled straight as an arrow no bucking barking or jerking and wheels went straight! last run of the night i held of a C5 Z06 til the 1/8th :rockin

the truck def has low 13's in her! do you guys have any tips? or suggestions to get her outta the hole better i was think maybe a lil less weight and some more boost along with lower tire pressure? all suggestions and help would be sweet i want a low 13!!!!! :mad:

thanks
john

·
Registered
506 Posts
good job man nice runs

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
put it on 135?

try to lower your 60ft times, i dont know why there so high, I left the line at 7-8lbs and 60ft was between 1.8-1.92ish...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
put it on 135?

try to lower your 60ft times, i dont know why there so high, I left the line at 7-8lbs and 60ft was between 1.8-1.92ish...
i heard of guys running slower on the 135 tune because it drains the rail so i didnt try it and i was tryin to get outta the hole better it should cut a low 1.8 maybe even a low 1.7 ive seen a few trucks before do it. im thinking the tire pressure has something to do with it. wat did you run your truck at for tire pressure?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
idk about low 13's with your setup..youll have to make some more power forsure..13.7's-13.6's i can see happining..

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you think a low 1.7 60' is possible?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
hell yeah jaylat,lastnight was a awsome night,i liked how ur quad rolled coal down the whole track,,after my rear brakes are done,maybe next week ill run my dmax..im hoping for a 13.6...just installed the transgo jr,and my evo race might go to lvl 4...im sure my tranny can hold it fine....if that guy dorchtret is running a 12.9 on his stock tranny.im damn sure i can get mid 13s no problem...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have been debating already if i wanna run my truck again next week but i think im gonna give her a break and just watch!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is there diesel drags at leb. valley or do you just do a test and tune? I live about an hour away so id be interested

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
well john u will get to see me throw it down at the strip next wednesday possibly...i should be gettin my rear brakes done this weekend,so ill let u know...they also do diesel drags,but i dont know exactly what the date is yet,,usually once a year there..

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was just checking there rules for weds. night and they said you must have working muffles. How strict are they? I dont run a muffler

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Get a lift pump and try the quad on 135. I too noticed the lack of fuel at the top end with the quad. Throw a hot EFI tune on it and shred the tranny for sure.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I was just checking there rules for weds. night and they said you must have working muffles. How strict are they? I dont run a muffler
i dont have a muff either. they didnt look at anything on my truck just gave me a hard time about not wanting to put my address/phone info on the paper

Maybe try launching a bit harder...and play with tire pressure.
this is wat i was thinking she came outta the hole nicely but didnt spin at all... i might drop the pressure some more and try building 12-15psi off the line! hopefully that will help i was very happy with the trap! she was moving pretty good for just a canned tuner! and no tranny mods!

·
Registered
193 Posts
well thats good to hear, one of my friends from school has a 1984 porsche 928s with a 5-speed and he wants to race:D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i heard of guys running slower on the 135 tune because it drains the rail so i didnt try it and i was tryin to get outta the hole better it should cut a low 1.8 maybe even a low 1.7 ive seen a few trucks before do it. im thinking the tire pressure has something to do with it. wat did you run your truck at for tire pressure?
30lbs front 25lbs rear. i ran the 135 with lift pump so never experienced draining the rail. get lift pump and be done with it :D you should be in mid-high 13s with 135 and LP depending on your 60ft. 8-10lbs seems to be the sweet spot for launching anything above 12lbs gets a bit sketchy.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i dont have a muff either. they didnt look at anything on my truck just gave me a hard time about not wanting to put my address/phone info on the paper

this is wat i was thinking she came outta the hole nicely but didnt spin at all... i might drop the pressure some more and try building 12-15psi off the line! hopefully that will help i was very happy with the trap! she was moving pretty good for just a canned tuner! and no tranny mods!
You should be able to lauch at 20 psi...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts