Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
Bought a new 2500 this past July. It wont go over 100 mph why is it governed out @ that mark does anyone know? The mechanics @ the chevy garage n they never heard of such a thing. Any answers or suggestions I'd appreciate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that answers that! Thanks Brother you n your family stay healthy through this Corona Virus episode thanks again

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dude. If you are a running a 2500 at 99+ you need to check yourself. Get a Camaro or Vette or even a ‘stang.. don’t run a 3/4 cc at those speeds... speaking for one who shares the road with you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gotcha Yuma. No no zoomy truck for me. Its my first Diesel and I just wanted to see what it would do. Lmao. Yea Bro I'm good

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
I paid for the whole speedometer, I'm gonna use it haha

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
If the epa ever relaxes and we get to delete the emissions stuff again, there are companies that know how to retune the ecm to get a faster speed or delete the limiter altogether.

·
Registered
299 Posts
going significantly faster than other traffic is called, in engineering terms " traffic friction"; is a major cause of catastrophic crashes. My family and I were personally the innocent victims of someone doing that. We all survived, with some medical issues. The person who broadsided us tried to escape my "citizen's arrest". He didn't. The sentencing hearing transcript shows he repeatedly tried to interject that as a result of the brutality of the arrest, he was no longer able to have sexual intercourse. The judge ruled that was not a mitigating issue. We heard later that he was most unhappy with the "treatment" he received from other inmates...…!

Bottom line - when you are off your own property with a motor vehicle, behaving in a responsible manner has many health advantages.....!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Guys
Bought a new 2500 this past July. It wont go over 100 mph why is it governed out @ that mark does anyone know? The mechanics @ the chevy garage n they never heard of such a thing. Any answers or suggestions I'd appreciate.
Just for the sake of providing additional info, my 2013 was governed at 95mph, I believe. I also just wanted to see what it would do. Was on straight stectch of interstate in day time with no traffic around as I agree do not do such a thing with any other motorist in the vacinity. Truck only had a few thousand miles on at the time on the stock tires so everything was good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Guys
Why do you need to go over 100 mph, or even drive a 100 mph? Do you have a death wish?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys
Were you a Dodge Dickie in your previous vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys
Just curious. Did you own a Dodge before the Duramax?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys
All Chevy trucks are governed out at 99mph they've been like that forever. My 05 dirtymax was like that until I got my tuner, a buddy of mines 2000 gmc stops at 99. That's kinda crappy they gonna tell you they've never heard of that when they know🤷🏼‍♂️

1 - 20 of 27 Posts