Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday traveling on a very open stretch of hiway I decided to see what the pickup maxes out at. Started from 50 mph, gunned it & reached 96 mph, rpm's at a comfortable 2,600. That's all she let me have. Reached the top speed very, very quick. Seems that this pickup will easily do 120 mph if the limiter was defeated. Don't really need to go that fast but just had to see what was possible.

·
Banned
656 Posts
the factory limiter is set at 95 on these trucks but i have mine raised to 135! its a decently high speed! i never go that fast but its nice to have it set for that for competition!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
She moves quick, huh? Sometimes I hit 80 or 90 when Im still on the ramp.
Ive had my speedo pointing down before. Dont know how fast that was. But my tires didnt like it. And it felt like there was alot more there. Do you have any pics of your truck with the wheels? I was lookin at those, too.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn thing rockets to top speed! It'll probably beat my '72 with a healthy stroker in it! I've got pictures but trying to attach is a challenge to me.

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
well, i have the 5spd allison and i know top end with the limiter raised i hit about 119 with 265s.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Photobucket...

Darn thing rockets to top speed! It'll probably beat my '72 with a healthy stroker in it! I've got pictures but trying to attach is a challenge to me.
Get ya a free Photobucket account and then upload pics using img code,it'll re-size pics and all for you..

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
daddyslbz, so that's the secret. I'll look into it, thanks.
KLS667, looks like the picture was taken when you hit the deer!!

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
oh no, that was when i was on the way back from wyoming. the last bit of my trip on inbetween fargo and grand forks, about 75 miles. i held about 115 the hole way and i never went over 1100 on the pyro....although it was -14 outside. i still was got about 11.1 on the hand calculated milage:cool

·
Registered
203 Posts
well from my sig you can see i have a LB7 and the Edge Juice with Attitude, is there a way to raise the limit for it to go faster, I also have a snap-on MTG2500 with the 2001 cartridge and troubleshooter,,,, I cant seem to find the info on setting mine to the higher MPH,,,

·
Banned
656 Posts
on the edge juice you cant change it! there are very few programmers that allow you to do so! i dont remember which ones off hand other than the PMT

·
Registered
2009 Sierra 2500hd, CCSB, 2wd, Duramax
24 Posts
What year is your truck and how did you remove the limiter?
Tuning will remove your limiter; but bear in mind your tires are probably only rated for anywhere between 100mph and 112mph

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thread is 11 years old and most of those guys are long gone.

·
Registered
817 Posts
You need to use an aftermarket tuning device. Something like Hypertech Max Energy.

·
Registered
2009 Sierra 2500hd, CCSB, 2wd, Duramax
24 Posts
When you say turning will remove your limiter. I don't understand what that means. Can you please explain?
so right now your truck is electronically limited at 98(ish) mph. You can tune a truck with a device as go blow said, to remove this electronic limiter. If you do this be careful because there are reasons why these 6000# trucks are limited to 98.

·
Registered
569 Posts
so right now your truck is electronically limited at 98(ish) mph. You can tune a truck with a device as go blow said, to remove this electronic limiter. If you do this be careful because there are reasons why these 6000# trucks are limited to 98.
That is a fact..... There are many other considerations but most who want to do this go faster anyway. I have seen them on the highway going to the ranch in NM many times. Always watch to see if anything comes apart and stay in the right lane. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’ve had my 2019 L5P run past the 130 mark and it felt like it would keep going. I’ve got new 35” Copper stt pros on and I didn’t get any shake or shimmy. I just wanted to see what it was like. I don’t drive like that normally. It felt very comfortable and I didn’t feel like I had to worry about things coming apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts