Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,, what do you think of water/methanol boost cooler? am i on the safe side if I installed it and does it work all the time or is it just like the nitro u just use it when u need it?

Did anybody reech a top-speed over 150 MPH?

I bought my duramax truck for racing and i installed stuff on it to increase its performance, so i reached 380 HP and my torque went over 700,, so when i race i get allot of wheel spin on the first and second gear so any specific tires that i can use to reduce it?

Can i increase my gear shift points on the RPM more than 3200? because my car shifts to early?

i need your advice please :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you have a 4x4 try launching in 4wd. Thats how I do it on the Dodge drag truck. If not, get some drag radials or full out slicks, the biggest ones that will fit.

As for the shift points and such, you should look into some more hard core racing stuff if thats what you are wanting to do with it. A Suncoast stage IV kit or a stage V transmission will help your trans shift better. The trans has an adaptive learning program in it, so I would guess the more you drive it the better it will shift.

Water/meth is a boost activated system. When armed, the Hobbs switch will engage the pump when you make over the specific boost, which on a Dmax I think is 20-25psi of boost. Any lower and the water wouldn't atomize properly and you would put out the flame in the cylinder.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
what dieselnut said..with my ppe programmer it extended my shift points to 4k rpm's under a hard throttle but on normal driving it shifts like stock..a tranny is a must..
as for the 150mph,well i would go crazy going that fast in a diesel at 120+ i was scared to death..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i increase my rpm shifts like you did with your ppe using my diablo predator, i mean can i modify it? and do i need a tranny to increase it?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i don't think the diablo will do this kind of thing but the way to check is by plugging it in and seeing what all kind of option you have..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the advice :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts