Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
New to this forum and not exactly sure where to post this as I’ve been finding conflicting information. I have a 2004 GMC C4500 topkick with the LB7. Interested in a tuner for this rig but struggling to find an efi live with a tune for topkicks. Should I just go with a canned tuner ppe, edge etc…. Any help would be appreciated. I also have a 2004 Chevy 2500hd and some gas hot rods. Looking forward to wasting hours here learning all about duramax stuff! Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
503 Posts
consider a bully dog, had one on mine and it worked great, no issues

·
Registered
2006 LBZ, 2009 LML, 2022 L5P. 1993 6.5 parked in the shed.
979 Posts
Pic of the rig would be cool. I always wanted one for a tow rig. They were sweet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Plant Tractor Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Since I’m new I’m trying to figure out how to post pics when I reply. I went a little crazy but I like pics so I figured what the heck🤷‍♂️ Top pic is my dune bike. It’s a 10 mil stroker banshee. Second pic is my 72 C10 pickup. Third my tractor. Forth is the only pic I have of the topkick it’s filthy. I’ll clean it up and take some good pics. Forth pic is my 02 GMC 1/2 ton (wife’s truck) and last my 04 2500hd. It’s rougher than a couple nights in county but it works hard. I’ll clean it up and post more pics as well. That pic is when I bought it. I’ve done some removing of the ugly. Anyhow sorry to go so far off subject.

·
Registered
2006 LBZ, 2009 LML, 2022 L5P. 1993 6.5 parked in the shed.
979 Posts
That 72 is super sweet! Loved those trucks.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,530 Posts
Find a local tuner who can tune it, not a 'heres an LB7 tune for your Duramax!' EFILive tune off the internet or something. Not sure if the medium duty trucks were really detuned or not, I know cab-and-chassis trucks were, but they were definitely tuned differently than the light duty 3/4-1ton trucks. Nice rig, I've always wanted a Kodiak/TopKick for a tow rig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts