Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a used bd converter but need to get bolts for it, do i need to get bolts direct from bd or can i just get some from the hardware store?

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
What is a bd low stall converter???

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Hmmm thats interesting should be able to get some from them i would think

·
Registered
25 Posts
just bolts

If you use grade 8 bolts you should be fine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if grade 8 bolts will work what size and length do i need?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Be carefu--l if you use to long of bolt, it will damage the case of the converter and it is then JUNK. I would get the correct ones from BD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
jc1843 is right. When you take out the bolts from old ones it will give you something to go on.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
idk i would make sure you use the right bolts
i remember when i got my 1056 it came with bolts and said if you didnt use them it could cause damage to the the converter

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully that used torque converter is still healthy!!
think so i was in contact with the seller for a while asking questions, so i don't think he'd screw me...think i'll call bd tomorrow and see what they have to say, i'll probably end up getting the bolts from them, unless a vendor on here has some available

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
Holy SH$*$ thats a lot of money for a single disk converter without a reputation.

Used converters can be bad even if the seller doesnt know it, a cut and clean wouldnt be a bad idea.

I would sell it and save up for a full kit as the converter wont help any, unless yours is junk already.

But anyways for bolts i dont know if BD uses metric or SAE. Suncoast uses Metric bolts that are near impossible to find. Flange heads that are very very short. Grade 10.9 IIRC.

ATS uses SAE, others I do not know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy SH$*$ thats a lot of money for a single disk converter without a reputation.
never said what i paid for it:read

but yeah i decided to just get up with bd rather than mess around trying to find bolts that will work

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
just so yall know i just got this message back from [email protected] "We reuse the factory bolts. We dont use new ones. If you need new ones then you can go to your GM dealer and get new ones."

edit: nevermind...that's only for the single disc ones, i'm getting some bolts for $2 a piece from bd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts