Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting the Torque T1 tuner for my 08 Chev 2500. This would be primarily to get rid of the DPF unit and avoid the limp mode driving when pulling a trailer in the summer. This happens at least 2 time a year and doing 40 km/hr on a highway pulling a trailer is just suicide.

I live in Alberta Canada and my question is specifically on what any of you guys think of the T1 tuner? Any issues with it on your trucks? It's fairly new here; they've only been installing them at some of the local shops for a few months. I'm not 21 (no offence) so I'm really looking to get rid of the DPF and getting better fuel econ.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks
AG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been told that with EFI live that if my battery dies I can lose the tune and I'll have to limp back to where I had it done get it reinstalled. Don't know if this is true or not but I'm in the bush a lot and I'd be screwed since i'm in real remote places.

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
I've been told that with EFI live that if my battery dies I can lose the tune and I'll have to limp back to where I had it done get it reinstalled. Don't know if this is true or not but I'm in the bush a lot and I'd be screwed since i'm in real remote places.
This is not true. once you flash the ecm you will not lose the tune. call atptrucks. they will get you taken care of. Link is in my sig....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SoCal. I've got a bit more research to do because when I heard the battery issue with EFI I dismissed it. I don't really know the pros and cons of EFI vs a T1 type tuner. Just want to get rid of the dpf and increase feul econ. Lots of stuff to learn about for the rookie types like me. Care to comment on the differences?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Never heard of T1 tuners, do you have a link? EFI live is what you need. Don't mess around with anything else.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Your not going to get anything better than EFI live, who ever told you that is an extremely incompetent individual who should NOT be trusted in your decision making. Get EFI first. Or go the costly route of getting a canned tuner, becoming unhappy, then upgrading to EFI.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
The torque tech from what I've heard is a mini max with a different name

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
U have no options....EFI FTW!! I had a superchips till I got Efi and I'm an idiot for not doing it sooner......don't be that dummy!! Ha get the switch and be good to go! Because if u go with that little tuner you will eventually buy Efi live and have already wasted money on that! U need a friend with an autocal and U can just use it once and get your switch....don't cost a lot of U have the buddy with one!!

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
^^^ I can if you want me too! Ha just trying to save you some money! Ha just trying to steer you in the right direction ha you will thank me later..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Listened to everyone's input and I'm getting a 5 switch EFI live tune(s). Will give me options for towing and cruising programmed to my truck and the way I drive. Will update on the results as soon as I get some Kms on the truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts