Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my LLY for a few years now. When I bought it the front was leveled... and of course it rides rough. Looking at putting Blistein 5100s on it with shock extensions. My question is will I have to get an alignment?

Also, when loaded with a car hauler or bumper pull camper the back end sags. I have air bags and level the truck out when loaded, but I'm wondering if adding new shock to the back as well as the front will help with the situation.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
alignment is only if your having tracking issues while driving, tire wear ect... If your not adjusting the height of the front end or changing components that effect the steering and tracking of the truck then no need to align. Some of the rough ride is from the stock height shocks with the addition to the spacers, or no spacers and poor shocks ect... Get yourself some quality shocks for the front and rear. Possible your sagging in the rear do to warn or poor quality shocks as well.

Here are some options for you
0-2" Stock/Leveled Shocks | DMAX Store

PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is the cognito front shock part # be5-e381-t0 actually different than the bilstein 186735? If so,how? My torsion bars are cranked a tad less than level with the rear. The stock setup does seem to run out of extension travel when going over our wonderful potholes and train tracks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.